my first team

Shackbest

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after 19 pvp match i have won 11 lose 8 rating 130 with this team,now scizor/ferrothorn are free kill but since i have problem with klefki, clefable calm mind, togekiss,miltank,blissey and sometime garchomp sword dance, i fell the need of swap excadrill with something else cause i can't use him in sandstorm, maybe a dragon type

3PV6cob.pngvPwFxRN.png

7xLl9Tp.pngUzSpRDi.png

7V9JzQZ.pngp0v7o6Y.png

You needed to run Iron Head on Excadrill, I wasn't the only one to say that. That would have allowed you to deal with Togekiss and Clefable. Excadrill can deal with all the threats that you mentioned if you can bring him in safely. Double switches are important. If you feel like you can't use the sand turns well enough, then running Smooth Rock on Tyranitar is another option to extend the duration of Sand Stream. Tyranitar can run Superpower if Blissey and Miltank are considered threats. Gliscor will beat Calm Mind Clefable with either Taunt or Swords Dance. You can put Stealth Rock on Tyranitar if you get rid of Assault Vest, but only if you do so, considering it is bulky enough to set up Stealth Rock when running a Sassy nature. Magnezone can form a VoltTurn core with another Pokémon to make sure that you can bring in Excadrill without having him take damage. Magnezone needs higher speed (yours is timid, yet doesn't reach 350 with Choice Scarf). You don't need to run Tyranitar+Excadrill. If you want a sand team, then it should be centered around your Sand Rush sweeper (covering up his weaknesses, making sure he can sweep the enemy team by eliminating the Pokémon that wall him or hinder him, etc.). If you don't want that anymore, you can start from scratch again. You can keep the Pokémon that you would like to utilize, but never lose the team's focus from your mind.

For example, if you run Tyranitar+Excadrill as a sand core, then what is the team's purpose? Ensuring that Excadrill can sweep the enemy team. How? By eliminating Pokémon that can stop him from sweeping (Magnezone traps Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc.), covering up his weaknesses (fighting-type, fire-type, water-type, and ground-type moves are super effective against him, but Excadrill doesn't like taking any hits that aren't resisted, like grass-type moves; thankfully, though, he has a lot of resistances), bringing him in safely, to ensure that he takes as little damage as possible (you can put Rapid Spin on Starmie if you don't want Excadrill to take any risk by using Rapid Spin or any unnecessary damage from Stealth Rock; you can bring him in safely via predicted double switches or U-turn or Volt Switch support), etc. Abusing Excadrill in sand, knowing when you can Swords Dance your way to victory, but also acknowledging Excadrill's limitations, realizing when you should switch out, or make an aggressive play (a double switch, for example) are things you need to be able to do to win. This doesn't mean only relying on Excadrill, but building around him does imply making sure the team has the synergy to work with Excadrill and help him achieve his purpose (each Pokémon has one). If you think Excadrill should be the first one to go/be switched out, then something is fundamentally wrong, either with the team itself or the way you have been utilizing it (or just Excadrill).

Uploading replays of your losses would make it easier to see what some of the issues are and what can fix them. Iron Head on Excadrill would have helped for sure. If you decide to give the team another shot, check some of your EVs (mainly Tangrowth... what is the special defense EV investment for?). You said you struggled against Swords Dance Garchomp sometimes. Did you run into any Fire Blast variants? If not, then Tangrowth is good against that. As for the rest, remember that Excadrill is a good status absorber (immune to Toxic and Thunder Wave, but not Stun Spore), which is another way to bring him in safely. Run Rapid Spin on Starmie and Swords Dance, Earthquake, Iron Head, and Rockslide on Excadrill, or just switch out Rock Slide for Iron Head if you still want Rapid Spin on Excadrill. If your win-con is no longer Excadrill, then you need to re-think the team over. What is your new focus/purpose? You can't build a good stall team by randomly putting together 6 defensively-inclined Pokémon and hoping that they somehow synergize well together. Just an example.

Good luck.

Indoor-Fishh.png

i have reconsidered thank what you have said about excadrill, he is fine but i use it in bad way.. i use only after tyranitar death like revenger killer and this is wrong i know but i am still new at pokemon pvp, my tangrowth don't resist a single special attack wich is weak and this is a handicap considerable but i don't know how many evs should use in sp def and how many i should sacrifice in def, i have make the decision to give up on the rapid spinner user cause starmie do most of my kill and atm i don't feel secure use it on exca i have finally teach him iron head, about ttar i am more inclined to use the assualt vest since i have do the abit of use him for tank special attack more than gliscor, in that way i can surprise togekiss,gengar.ecc. Now wts my magnezone and i go find another with more speed

Another recommendation is getting a Tangrowth with HP Ice (you don't need one with HP Fire as long as you have Magnezone and HP Fire Starmie). This will allow you to hit Garchomp, which you said you struggled against, as well as Dragonite, Gliscor, and Salamence.

Another thing I noticed: your EVs are the ones recommended by Smogon. Those assume perfect IVs. I see you have 56 speed EVs on Gliscor. This allows a Gliscor with 31 speed IVS to outpace Adamant Bisharp and Breloom. However, yours does not, because it has much lower IVs. You are better off investing in more special defense EVs. As for Tangrowth, when the special defense IVs are 31, you can use 48 special defense EVs to survive a Life Orb-boosted Ice Beam from Starmie. Again, your Tangrowth does not have perfect IVs, so that does not apply here, and your Tangrowth will most likely end up dying to Starmie's Ice Beam. You should invest in more defense EVs. Also, keep in mind that, even if you have perfect IVs, what Smogon sometimes recommends is very situational.

I think that, overall, Blaziken can rip your team apart. I don't even know how well Careful Gliscor would do against him, but it can't switch into it, because Blaziken 2HKOs Careful Gliscor for sure. Knock Off Blaziken, carrying Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick, alongside either Swords Dance or Protect, will break past most of your Pokémon (bar Excadrill in sand). Priority users, such as Talonflame and Azumarill, with Acrobatics/Brave Bird and Aqua Jet, are why Blaziken isn't as good as many thought it would be. Not to say that you always need priority moves, but they're really good right now (against sand teams, Gengar, etc.).

Indoor-Fishh.png

in fact i have replace hp starmie with thunderbolt for better menage water type and teach superpower at tyranitar, When I faced a blaziken he destroyed me, maybe i need some pokemon with priority move but wich i can change? a tangrowth hp ice would be awesome, often i tank garchomp,gliscor with it while they set up sword dance..