Hands down best anime?

Jafetthedude

Will sort them from "better" to "less good" based on my liking since they are similar category anime. Will add characters and explanations too.

Category 1 (Psychological Thrillers and Mental conditions based anime):

1. Death Note

- Elle Lawliet (L) - OCD and Aspergers Syndrome.

High IQ, lack of classical empathy (uses people as test subjects with death outcome to get a reaction from Kira, indirectly sacrifices a lot of his subordinates), everything needs to be sorted like he imagined, lack of social skills, compulsive thoughts, repetitive pattern behavior, often seen struggling with anxiety, incapable of living on his own and so on. Would also like to point out that his anxiety and paranoia comes from autism spectrum disorder which in his case is Aspergers Syndrome.

- Nate River (Near) - Aspergers Syndrome (ASD)

High IQ, attached to objects and not to people, incapable of living on his own, lack of classical empathy and so on.

- Yagami Light (Kira) - Sociopath/Psychopath (APD - Antisocial Personality Disorder), Atypical Malignant Narcissism (NPD Spectrum)

High IQ, presents himself as a normal person, lack of classical empathy, pathological lying, manipulates and exploits everyone around him, uses people as test subjects, has no regard for human lives and rights, charming. Would also like to point out that I sorted him into Atypical Narcissist because he is often shown very humble even though most of the times he is faking it. It is a classic case of NPD and APD working in tandem with each other. His mental state was laying dormant for good part of his life and the trigger to unleash his state of mind was death note giving him the ability to administer his deepest desires he always had, given that he always saw the world as a rotten place with a will to change it. He also developed a God Complex on the way. God complex is not a mental condition and there is no diagnosis for it. However, the God (Kira) and Messiah (Mikami for example) complex are known to emerge from people suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissism.

2. Monster

- Johan Liebert (Sociopathy/Psychopathy)

High IQ, Charismatic, Cold, Manipulates and exploits people in his favor, turns people suicidal by manipulating and scaring them short or long term. Johan Liebert and his twin sister Anna are part of an experiment to create a perfect leader to lead people which also resulted in such mental condition to emerge. As a kid, he was very unstable and had pathological behavior. Johan is actually not his name, it is a name he adopted for himself. What makes things even more "scarier" he does not have any superpower, tool, and whatnot. He is just an ordinary person with a mental defect able to manipulate people and turn them killers and suicidal. He is a tactician, everything he does is well planned and has many backup plans. An ordinary person would not be able to do such thing, hence why he has a mental defect. Whole anime is a depiction of a reality. If you are looking for "the best" villain then you may want to watch this anime. Why I say he is the best villain, simply because nothing in anime is "non-realistic". Everything is real and possible to happen to anyone in real life anytime. He does not have a death note or able to shoot lasers, he is just an ordinary human with a mental defect.

3. Psycho-Pass

Everything, everyone, many things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Category 2 (random stuff)

One Piece

Wolf's Rain

Dragon Ball

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the bare fact that FmaB isn't mentioned as often I thought it would scares me. But without any further ado here is my top 5 anime from most favorite to least favorite (that I've watched thus far (which aren't many to be frank)):

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  2. Made in Abyss
  3. Boku no hero Academia
  4. Attack on Titan
  5. Mahotsukai no Yome