A general query about the behind the scenes aspects

Absorbentgene

Heya all! I'm a fairly new player to pro, almost been a month and I'm engaged in the epic elite 4 grind now, but me and a friend of mine have been talking about PRO in general and he brought up some good points recently.

Nintendo is pretty notorious about there trademarks. There's an article circulating right now of a mario 64 level that had an HD remake recently and they issued a takedown notice for a free to play level.

So I'm intensely curious now as to how something as awesome and large as PRO is that something like that hasn't happened here? Is there some kind of agreement made with Nintendo/gamefreak? Does this fall under some awesome legal loophole that allows you guys to do this? I mean I fully realize that a lot of copy rights are easily circumvented and such and nintendo roms/emulators are easily acquired things now on the internet, but this just seems a bit different. So I'm more or less trying to satisfy my curiosity as well as my friends here.

Irregardless, Thanks for PRO ^^ Had fun with the Halloween event and I'll see you in johto soon :P