Let's make IV Reset a thing!

Gamiverse

Hello everyone,

so the main argument why the IV-Reset Item should not be implemented was the "pay-2-win" argument. I agree on this as long as you are able to buy this item in the shop. But that does not have to be the case!

I would love to see this item to be able to have a chance to improve the IVs of some of my very rare pokes [like Mew - which you unfortuantely can only catch once]. Especially the legendaries are way to "rng" based in the first place - there is no minium IV / 100% synch - so having such an item would even that out.

So here is my idea:

Do not make it available in the shop.

Do not make the IV-Reset-Item tradable.

Have it as a random boss reward for each boss with a very low dropchance like 0.1%. This would also give players with less amount of hours a chance to win this item and still encourage players to have more playtime hours [since: higher chance to win if you are able to fight more bosses!].

If you as a developer / admin want to make a bit more money out of it [which is understandable since the servers and stuff has to be payed] you could increase the droppchance for MS only bosses which possibly encourages more players to buy the [already] beneficial MS - on the downside this brings back the "pay2win"-factor - a bit.

If possible: Make a Cap for the amount of IV-Reset-Items dropped per month [e.g. 2].

I hope atleast some of you guys like this approach and we can have [another] discussion about it.

Best regards,

Gami

TLDR: Make it a very very rare boss reward instead of a Shop Item.

Edit:

After reading some responses I feel like i should have explained some of my points in more detail. So there we go:

- Making it very rare and maxing the amount of iv rests per month does 2 things: a) it will artificially increase the price for using it on someone elses Pokémon (as a service) to a point where its probably not beneficial anymore (except for when you like gambling) since multiple IV services would probably cost more then just buying a better version of your poke.

b) its not "making your past farming of Pokémon a waste" since you will not be able to spam it often enough to get the same ivs as your poke has

- Making the Item itself not tradeable will prevent others powering up their legendaries (since in this Specific case the ingame money would be worth it.

Goal here: mainly used on your own Pokemo

So the question would be: why at all?

This way it would still give you a chance of improving one of your beloved but not quite as good pokes as a "fun and possibly rewarding gimmick" rather than a spam to max iv thing. Just as a nice bonus which still feels cool to have - making endgame content more fun/rewarding while also keeping other rewarding things in tact (like grinding for an epic poke)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's going to be implemented, I think it would be best along the lines of your ideas here. I don't like the Idea of *Guy with the most shinies in a server spends $500 donating and makes them all crazy iv.*

That would be completely horrible. But yes, if it was something we had to earn and had to get lucky with, and something you can only use once or twice a month sounds much better. Mainly because the player would have to decide what pokemon they would want to reset ivs on the most out of all of their pokemon. Instead of brokenly being able to reset ivs on any pokemon, any number of times.

My final comment is off topic, but ties into a similar idea. I believe that breeding could actually be introduced into the game under a few conditions. The rules would be: "No destiny knot to pass down ivs, no everstone to pass down nature, and it could take 2 weeks to make one pokemon.

This would make it like a custom boss that you don't have to fight. Just pick two of a pokemon you are too lazy to hunt and put them in day care. Two weeks later they give you a baby lvl 5 of that pokemon.

lol it sounds funny when you just label it as "Boss with custom reward that you don't have to battle." Instead of "pokemon breeding". It doesn't even have to be called breeding.

I don't think this would damage the game at all, as it's a 2 week wait for a specific pokemon of your choice, but random iv, random nature, random ability. :)

That was what i had thought on the ivs reset thing. I thought that boss would not give the capsule or anything but special " IV tokens " with which we can lock a specific stat and then reset ivs. 10,20 or 50 tokens whatever you feel like.. To lock a specific iv. And 5 token given at a time as boss reward.. :p well alex's idea is also great.. I agree with ya alex. But please think about my idea as well.. XD

Ashketchumforumsize.png

The fact of being possible to be purchase from people even without trading and even without donating was also offered back when the item was first introduced to the community. It would be indeed possible to get it from bosses and story small partions and then glue them together to make a Coin Capsule, which grants you 100 coins and the change to choose what you want with said coins. When something is added, it will be mostly seen for everyones eyes, so even without the materialisation of the item it was being planned ways for everyone to have it.

However, was denied in a big weight even with this conditions, Thor appealed for it many times to the community but it did not seem to be appreciated.

As for now we will let the IV Reroll disable for a few weeks and apart of my job is studying how features are reacted to, and will have special attention to this item feedback. We could do a voting and study what to do from there.

Thank you for the analises of the situation, and I will leave this thread open to gather other peoples ideas :)

And since you touch the Legendary unfortunatly IV/Nature status, a new feature will appear to make those unfortunate legendary cases a bit better, I will not put into words of what will be otherwise it will ruin the surprize. I understand its boring to wait, but it will arrive.

[glow=blue]Please do not contact Staff members for private support. You are encouraged to use the forums to solve most issues, using the correct subforum will lead to faster assistance.

Furthermore, messages that weren't solicited will be deleted. Thanks for the attention.[/glow]

I first was against the idea of the IVs reroll, regarding how it has been introduced in here, and the "paytowin" thing.

But, I gotta admit I like the idea here, but I would also add , folowing that part of what you said : " [like Mew - which you unfortuantely can only catch once]. Especially the legendaries are way to "rng" based in the first place " .

To have the item to works for legendaries pokemons only .

Since the legendary arent tradable so no profit will be make out of that item, which is something important imo , and its reduced to legendaries only and that for every players , which is imo fair as long as it stay something for the legendaries pokemon purpose only.

PCznf1X.png?1

[mention]Detsu[/mention], pretty sure it's already public that Jerry or someone from the Scripters is working on an option to re-catch the legendary pokemon.

As for the thread, I don't necessarily dislike the iv-reset, just the fact that many people will quit if this goes live and nobody wants that. :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

@Detsu, pretty sure it's already public that Jerry or someone from the Scripters is working on an option to re-catch the legendary pokemon.

As for the thread, I don't necessarily dislike the iv-reset, just the fact that many people will quit if this goes live and nobody wants that. :)

Believe me , no one's gonna quit .... U really think people after spending 100+ hours on this game getting their pokes to level 100 will quit ....this game is awsome ( as a starter I can say that) .... And I m sure except few (after-all exceptions are always there) nobody's gonna quit .... those few players also will return back within 24 hours because this game has become a part of their daily routine ( If they have played it long enough) and skipping this part is not as easy as it looks like ....

well I would like to see this feature asap in the game ! :D

Thanks . :Grin:

[mention]shagun5750[/mention],

6sEB6iE.png

I meet a lot of people in this game and had a lot of discussion with them about the whole iv-reset thing and yes believe me or not but people will quit this game if this change gets enabled. I can also greatly assure you that nobody's life depends on PRO so no it shouldn't be a part of anyone's daily routine but putting that aside.

The idea itself is okish and it would legit costs 100$-1000$ to just get one good epic pokemon, you are better off paying people to hunt for you instead of using the iv's reset thing.

It's not as beneficial just the fact that someone from yellows Top10 playtime ladder would quit makes me not want to have this feature enabled.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

@shagun5750,

6sEB6iE.png

I meet a lot of people in this game and had a lot of discussion with them about the whole iv-reset thing and yes believe me or not but people will quit this game if this change gets enabled. I can also greatly assure you that nobody's life depends on PRO so no it shouldn't be a part of anyone's daily routine but putting that aside.

The idea itself is okish and it would legit costs 100$-1000$ to just get one good epic pokemon, you are better off paying people to hunt for you instead of using the iv's reset thing.

It's not as beneficial just the fact that someone from yellows Top10 playtime ladder would quit makes me not want to have this feature enabled.

okay I black out .... But I did not mean to say that people life depends upon a game , they have made up a habit of playing it and """Maybe""" That habit is not so easy to get rid off well I dont have any problem if it even comes or not ..... I just simply liked it as I was tired of hunting ...but Okay I got your point .

Thanks