Let's make IV Reset a thing!

Gamiverse

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a great idea to make money, just add in limited Costumes in the game that give stats like: +1% shiny chance or +5% H.A chance. It wouldn't completely change the game entirely, where as something as big as IV re-roll can, think of all the Hidden Powers people can start manipulating in PVP people can literally catch junk pokemon and turn them into gods.

Or they can put like costumes that give more pokemon probability like:

Vulpix Hat = +5% More Chance to encounter a Vulpix

Thats how you can make loads of money, think about it there is 700+ pokemon in the game, you have 700+ costumes 700 x X-amount of items sold = $billionaire.

yo make your own post about this : GOOD IDEA AF :D+100

In my oppinion is either enable it everywhere, or not enabled at all, myself i will not be happy with it being available through some rng/luck related things, so if it will not be available to buy it with coins and can be traded, to not be enable at all, as he has a reason to enable it in this way, i am against it, vast majority of players was against the idea while some was with it, so it will not be a fair choise to listen only to some people, and the thing was no need to be showed in the first place also

nDuUcdB7RIaY5oWlyXS9ww.png

This is very disappointing to hear, Come on now there all ready making a pretty penny off this game IV resets is just a cash grab move and will unbalance the game. If this is in any way shape or form released in to the cash shop, then I will be done with this game. The item that increases % rate on H.A. Pokemon is already pushing it.

Hello! just made my account out of curiosity, i am a senior player from annother pokemon mmo (i wont name) and i was willing to meet other comunities. I'd like to give you my modest opinion regarding ivs even if i dont fully understand the mechanics of this cool mmo.

In the game i play Iv resets are a thing since always, you can buy them in the credit shop only during events and they are worth 4 dollars each, they randomize the ivs and you cant pick the stats or lock them, so even if you pay to win every reset is a pain beacouse they are totally random and most of the times they make the pokemon even worse (i resetted my Naive Infernape 16 times and it went 18-25 with horrible bullk), but at least you have the hope. The iv resets are also used as valuables as if they was pokedollars and their worth is set by the comunity demand.

-For those saying people will stop hunt, thats not true imo, every good natured/bad ivs will be sellable, and people will hunt even more! But that said, i dont know how your Extra rare spawn rates are, supposing they are rare enough, lets say 1/8000 people will still grind for the nature!!

-The main issue i find with iv res being a thing here is that is late to add them since you have old and fed players who struggled to gain their stuff and they legit dont want lose advantage and have new p2w dudes buying good things, is understandable, but my experience thought me that even if you pay to win, that doesnt make you strong, is more like paying to play closer to good player's level!

-About people saying they might quit! if i had 1 dollar for each time i heard someone saying that same thing i'd be rich as a sheikh!!!

this kind of games gives a real addiction!

-Last but not least! Devs getting some extra money for a game you love can only make the game you love better! i saw it happenning!

Ps: adding breeding could result in a lot of coding, when you can just add ivs and code Sinnoh! xD

Ty for attention, sorry for my bad grammar (from ita) and i wish you a great day!

would make the game less interesting =/ the whole thing for who really hunt pokes in this game is that u can get a really epic poke and he will be unique cuz all the time ur spended hunting and stuff thats what make the game fun. Like my team have 5 of 6 pokes all godlike ivs I took more than 6 months to get them together and with the team I got into ladder twice after getting used to the strategy and the way the team work. Thats why I dislike the idea ^^

Fear.png

As someone who is at ~350 hours playtime and is now starting to try and build a roster of epic pvp pokemon to play with on the ladder, I embrace the idea of being able to occasionally reset specific IVs (through a system that cannot be bought - so I think Gamiverse's idea of a rare boss drop is right on the money) as it would immensely help ease my pain.

I understand that much of the development team's worry is that this will cause players to quit, and although I can see why, this approach does not take into account the amount of PRO players that quit because once they've beaten the 3 regions, the thought of having to grind for months and months to get their desired pvp pokemon just makes them quit outright. For me personally, I've quit and came back to PRO so many times because the grind for Extremely Rare Pokemon can take so long that you feel you are completely wasting your time and your life because at the end of each day, you have nothing to show for your efforts. Other games where you have to do a massive grind (let's say runescape for example), do so through a constant progression system (constant experience and drops in runescapes case). If their was a way that a grind in PRO progressively rewarded a guaranteed IV reset token, for example, I would be MUCH more inclined to put the time in and power up my specific epic pokemon of which I'm proud to have originally farmed. I do not have any specific ideas in how this would be achieved as of now, but it is an idea.

However, I can empathise with veteran PRO players that have much more time played than I, who would look at this idea and option to Reset IVs and feel cheated, as they have put the time in and my reluctance to follow in their footsteps might seem unfair. But I do believe that for someone like me, who feels the need for some kind of constant progression in games, being able to "build" your epic pvp pokemon through a rewarding system would really excite me. :Heart-eyes: