Guild/Social & Organization

Thematthew562

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1!

I would also like to recommend changing the way top 10 guild ladder rankings are calculated. When fighting for the #1 slot, or even simply trying to get into the top 10, several guilds resort to pvping on their alternate accounts and inviting those to their guild to boost rankings. This type of competitive practice discourages guilds from taking on new players and instead filling their guild up with several alternate accounts.

I've seen others suggest calculating a guild's ranking by summing their top 10 player's pvp rating, instead of their entire guild. I think this is an easy to code solution and would eliminate the practice of boosting alternate accounts to replace "newbie" members.

I love competition. And I love friendly bragging rights against other guilds. But I hate this competitive practice. Increasing the guild size will not solve this problem. Changing the way top 10 guild ladder rankings are calculated is the only way to stop incentivizing this practice. By eliminating this practice, it would ease guild's competitive drive and allow them to create more space for new players, in turn expanding the community.

Also I think increasing guild size in general is a great idea, as long as the change to guild ladder is also introduced.

E6W75Tu.png

I would also like to recommend changing the way top 10 guild ladder rankings are calculated. When fighting for the #1 slot' date=' or even simply trying to get into the top 10, several guilds resort to pvping on their alternate accounts and inviting those to their guild to boost rankings. This type of competitive practice discourages guilds from taking on new players and instead filling their guild up with several alternate accounts.[/quote']

I agree with the practice of alternate accounts to be top 10 Guild shouldn't be authorized, for me, alternate accounts shouldn't even exist (i admit i have it and do it, because it's authorized). But, the reason with i join your point is not the same : for me, alternates accounts make too easy to be in the top 10 Guild and ruins the competition between Guilds.

But, i don't think it discourages guilds from taking new players accounts, even without alternate accounts the top 10 Guild stays easy to reach in practice. I will take the case of my Guild: we have alternates accounts and we recruits news players all the time, the issue is not to recruit news players but to have active players in long term :Frown: And we have no tools to help manage inactive players. So i don't think changing the way top 10 Guild Ladder are calculated discourages Guilds to recruit new players, it's more the lack of tools to manage inactive players discourages Guilds to recruit news players :n:

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

But, i don't think it discourages guilds from taking new players accounts, even without alternate accounts the top 10 Guild stays easy to reach in practice. I will take the case of my Guild: we have alternates accounts and we recruits news players all the time, the issue is not to recruit news players but to have active players in long term :Frown: And we have no tools to help manage inactive players. So i don't think changing the way top 10 Guild Ladder are calculated discourages Guilds to recruit new players, it's more the lack of tools to manage inactive players discourages Guilds to recruit news players :n:

I agree that it is simple for some guilds to reach the top 10 without inviting their alt accounts. However, to reach #1 overall it feels necessary to have your veteran players pvp on their alt accounts to boost your overall rating. This issue is mainly concerning guilds trying to reach #1, not those simply competing for a top 10 slot. I would not be surprised if a few guilds did practice this to maintain top 10 status.

I think "banning" alt accounts from joining same guilds is unrealistic. The amount of manpower and speculation is too much. The idea is nice, but it's not practical.

E6W75Tu.png

I agree that it is simple for some guilds to reach the top 10 without inviting their alt accounts. However' date=' to reach #1 overall it [i']feels necessary[/i] to have your veteran players pvp on their alt accounts to boost your overall rating. This issue is mainly concerning guilds trying to reach #1, not those simply competing for a top 10 slot. I would not be surprised if a few guilds did practice this to maintain top 10 status.

I think "banning" alt accounts from joining same guilds is unrealistic. The amount of manpower and speculation is too much. The idea is nice, but it's not practical.

Yes, to reach #1 place, you need alts accounts i think (to have more accounts with veterans players on it). But, who cares about #1 when you gain nothing to have it? :') For the glory, the recognition? :s I was #1 on others games (servers with around 10k players), it brings nothing, except being spam by players asking for advices :Angry:

Of course, some guilds will try to be #1, but after fews seasons they will get tired of it :s

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9