In-game Communication

Williung

Just leaving a quick suggestion: there should be better in-game communication regarding timelines for events and such.

Problem:

A bunch of my friends and I play PRO together and none of us had any idea the bug-catching event was going on until we saw people talking about it in the chat several days after it had started. Moreover, the Vulcan Island event just ended today, and this happened without any notice. I just bought a Black Medallion hoping to use it on Vulcan Island, and now it ended up being a waste of money. If we had known that the event was ending (it's a summer event... who knew it would end in the middle of July), we would have tried our luck sooner. Now we're all just pillars of salt.

Solution:

Give players a heads-up regarding dates in-game or via the client. I do not know any popular game where it requires players to consistently check forums and chat rooms to figure out whether an event is going on or not. Just throwing out some ideas: a "PRO notebook" situated next to the pokedex or an "events timeline" in the main menu may work. The easiest way would be to simply add it to the "Latest News" section when you first open the client. It is exceedingly simple, and it would save a lot of players from a lot of salt and ignorance. Thank you.

first of all, ur basing this on a theory that the bug catching contest is an event...which it isnt!

Its a daily task u can do, that is all, furthermore, people have known the bug catching contest was coming for weeks, I even did regular live streams taking people in to playtest it in various stages.

Also, secondly. I didn't even know the summer event was going to end, until after the spawns were removed.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Oh, sorry for assuming that the bug-catching area was an event. That doesn't negate my suggestion at all. I recently started PRO (after taking a year-long break) a couple weeks ago. I had no idea the Vulcan event was going on at that time.

And as I mentioned before, I do not know any popular game where it requires players to consistently check forums and chat rooms to figure out whether an event is going on or not. Never once have I been active on any of the forums for any games I have played: League, Overwatch, WoW, Maplestory, Sudden Attack, Runescape, the list goes on. Still, I was aware of any events that were going on and cognizant of when they were scheduled to end.

I love how the icon on the top left tells us the Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur clone event is going on right now. However, even with that, we have no idea when it will end. I took a quick look at the Announcements section of the forums to check if anything was there (and there isn't)! If I can't find any information regarding the clone event even after a quick look at the forums and if the information really is somewhere in the forums, that in itself shows the need for improved communication.

All in all, implementing a simple tool/bulletin (in-game or in the opening screen of the client) that allows players to see what events are going on and when they end would be a simple and much-appreciated change. Many people have agreed with this suggestion, the implementation requires minimal effort and coding, and the change would make the user experience a lot better. And as demonstrated by the fact that even you didn't know the event was going to end, again, that in itself shows the need for improved communication.

Thank you.

Just a change log, with the new feature or the new event begin would be nice.

A simple post written by some Staff which show begin ( + ending ) date for each event/feature.

For example :

[highlight=yellow]20/07/2017 -> ?[/highlight] : Clone events => 5 % xp + 5% chance for clones + new spot for starters