Speed Boost Yanma

Virginiser

I came across what I think is an issue when I was levelling a lv 20 Yanma. The pokemon was freshly swapped in, it has 31 speed IV's and the 'Hasty' nature. So it had max speed possible without factoring EV's.

I used sonic boom against a NPC's Lv 18 Yanma.

The opponent also uses Sonic Boom, and my Yanma outspeeds the opponent and takes a solid 1/3rd of its HP.

I repeat Sonic Boom as does the opponent, and the opponents Yanma outspeeds my Yanma. It felt like it was a speed tie but now the opponents yanma is faster.

I repeat it again and the foes Yanma outspeeds once more. I have an issue as the only way the enemy Yanma could possibly outspeed is with the speedboost ability which my Yanma desnt have.

There wasnt a notification indicating that the foes Yanma had +1 speed boost. Was this an error?

Hello [mention]Virginiser[/mention],

yes Speed Boost and Download don't have indicators in the battle dialogue when they get buffed, was always like that sadly :/

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

-snip-

Hello Virginiser,

What you've experienced is effectively a Speedboost Yanma encounter :)

Unfortunately, for now, Speed boost effects don't appear in text dialogue like it should be.

We're sorry for this fight your Yanma was unable to win and sorry it doesn't appeared as it should.

Be sure this is taken and listed and our team will try to treat it within some delay regarding to it's importance :)

Have fun and good luck for the following adventures :D

~ Lock as answered ~

Sometimes, Patience is the real key to everything.

:: Tease, learn, practice, master ::