Question about shiny hunting.

Telman

This is a question that is primarily directed towards shiny hunters. My favorite pokemon atm is smeargle, and I really love his/her shiny version. Considering this, how long will it approx. take? For instance, the chances of finding a normal smeargle is a bit higher than finding a Kanto squirtle. Since that's the case, based on the experience of most shiny hunters here, how long will it take? I can grind around 5+ hours daily, if that is signifcant for the question to be answered. I'll appreciate any answer I can get.

Update on hunting the shiny smeargle:

12 hours so far: 2880 RE.

1 shiny natu found.

Chances of finding a shiny is 1/8192 ( 1 out of 8192)

i never farmed a smeargle before, so idk how hard it is to find one

~ here are some spawns that you can use~

Safari Johto grass and swamp = rare

Ruins of Alph = rare

No ik that, I was just wondering how long it usually takes people to find rare shinies. I just want some examples, but thanks anyways. :)

The thing that you should worry about is, if do you have the patience to withstand the struggle. A patience wherein you dont anymore expect for it(shiny) to pop and be a lifeless robot that wont stop clicking "right and left" or "up and down", and "run" button till a shiny smeargle appears.

This all are based on my experience.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

The thing that you should worry about is, if do you have the patience to withstand the struggle. A patience wherein you dont anymore expect for it(shiny) to pop and be a lifeless robot that wont stop clicking "right and left" or "up and down", and "run" button till a shiny smeargle appears.

This all are based on my experience.

Ah ok. I don't think patience is really an issue for me. I've already farmed for around 7 hours and 30 minutes, and I'm completely fine. Obviously, no shiny so far, but no struggle yet either.

I'll also be keeping an update tab for anyone wondering how long it'll take me to get the shiny smeargle.

mine is I use 1 week cooldown for hunting shiny any rarity..

for example I hunt this type of shiny but gets much common ones i immediately stops then wait for 1 week...I even caught 2 in a row and my hunting time is around 2-4hrs only on same spot you just have to find it XD others are random when you just walk in patch of grasses