Cant win Johto league

Rosariel

Hi.

This is my team :

The only one with good nature and trained EV is my gengar lvl 95. And it get totally rekt by psycho pokemons and sucker punch. ( One shoot by psycho attack, lose 9/10 hp by sucker punch )

I tried toxic pic and Hex ( 130 ghost damage on poisoned pokemon ), it dosent work )

I cant defeat psycho and poison Elite Four

Wich pokemon should I up to lvl 90+ ?

Thanks. :Frown:

Ps : dont look at black glasses, I cant get ghost boost ( Spell Tag ) , its on pokemons from mt.silver, I cant go here

you can easy counter sucker punch pokes and use confuse ray imo this move is prefered for league just cuz sucker punch pokes. its many easy way to win that even with abuse sturdy magnemite trick :O

Blue Server

Just another normal guy who is a pokemon master for fun

Hi.

This is my team :

The only one with good nature and trained EV is my gengar lvl 95. And it get totally rekt by psycho pokemons and sucker punch. ( One shoot by psycho attack, lose 9/10 hp by sucker punch )

I tried toxic pic and Hex ( 130 ghost damage on poisoned pokemon ), it dosent work )

I cant defeat psycho and poison Elite Four

Wich pokemon should I up to lvl 90+ ?

Thanks. :Frown:

Ps : dont look at black glasses, I cant get ghost boost ( Spell Tag ) , its on pokemons from mt.silver, I cant go here

Hello Rosariel :)

I'm sorry i had to move your subject in proper section ( General Game Talk) because it's here that you will have most advice or participation from players to help you beat this league and it's not a General Support topic really, where we answer to help needed or emergency situations :)

Have fun and don't lose hope against this E4 !!

Sometimes, Patience is the real key to everything.

:: Tease, learn, practice, master ::

• 2 weeks later...

I feel you man, Johto E4 was tough for me.

I am mostly reliant on level 100 Gengar on any serious matches and I can see how Karen is a pain in the butt due to being a person with a party full of Sucker Punch spams. This basically forced me to train a Mamoswine to level 100 and defeat the whole team (My party was p much Lvl 100 Gengar, Lvl 96 Gengar, Lvl 100 Mamoswine, and meat shields).

As mentioned anything with Dragon Dance is going to do a job in E4 because most of their leads are quite passive. Especially, Gyarados can set up thanks to Intimidate. Gyarados is pretty much the Dragon Dance user that is the easiest to obtain, so I would strongly recommend you to get one, or something else that is dedicated to deal with Poison and Dark-types.

Also if your Gengar doesn't outspeed Will's Mega Alakazam, I am very sorry but you might want to find another Gengar.