Switch option during Battle

Gawerty

Alright, I hate bordering on this because it is something that all Pokemon fans alike love to do, they love to know what their opponent is sending out and counter it... which is why it ISN'T implemented.

The thing with this particular ability in the handheld games, is it is made for convenience, it is intended to make the game easier.

In an MMO environment, this isn't acceptable, because their needs to be a modicum of challenge on a higher level than the handheld games, because we DO NOT want our players getting far really fast, because of a feature that is technically abusable in this format... Think about it, when you have a important NPC, say our planned Raid Boss material NPC's, or even say Giovanni, the fight becomes much easier when the NPC's pokemon is spelled out to you letting you know what you are battling.

I will say though: a bypass around this, instead of plotting out the pokemon's name or anything in general, you could have a message pop-up that says "<Trainer> is about to switch pokemon, would you like to switch?" and when you choose yes, you'll switch and yours will come out first, and then the NPC, so it's like a blind gamble, but generally speaking this would still make things easier.

It's a possibility, but I honestly don't think it would be implemented.

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”