Problem with evs training

Kuttagawa

Hello everyone, I am going to this forum, because I just found an error in the game, during the entire tour of the Kanto region the evs worked correctly (4evs = 1 stat), but it happens that now that I am in johto I noticed that they are not working correctly, I could see that I fought with 12 drowzee to be able to raise only 1 stat, this is happening to me with all the pokes, I need help, I do not know what to do, I do not know exactly where it began with this problem.

the final number of the stat is not simply +1 for every 4 ev, it's only fit for 100lv

I can't find the formula in english wiki (bulbapedia), but in the japanese wiki

https://wiki.ポケモン.com/wiki/%E5%8A%AA%E5%8A%9B%E5%80%A4

努力値に依存して0から63までの努力レベルが存在する。努力レベル=int((√(努力値-1)+1)/4)

in english, ev level is within 0-63, ev level = int((√(ev-1)+1)/4)

"ev level" is the one which actually adding into stat, ev does not

thats why ev in low level poke doesn't affect like in 100lv poke

Hello everyone, I am going to this forum, because I just found an error in the game, during the entire tour of the Kanto region the evs worked correctly (4evs = 1 stat), but it happens that now that I am in johto I noticed that they are not working correctly, I could see that I fought with 12 drowzee to be able to raise only 1 stat, this is happening to me with all the pokes, I need help, I do not know what to do, I do not know exactly where it began with this problem.

Hello Kuttagawa!

I moved your topic to General Support, as this is not a bug:

The Effort Values (EV) only have a ratio of 4 for 1 stat when the Pokémon is lvl 100.

As stated on the Statistic page on Bulbapedia:

When a Pokémon grows a level, its stats will increase. For each level gained (ignoring Nature), stats will increase by 1/50 the base stat value, and 1/100 the combined individual value and effort value.

Hope that helped you understand how all of this work :Angel:

Have a good day!

Many thanks for your support, according to what they describe, means that if my Pokemon is at level 35 for example, and has already reached 252 Evs in some statistics, it will not be reflected in your stats until you reach the level 100? ie those 63 stats points will not be available if you do not raise the level?

Many thanks for your support, according to what they describe, means that if my Pokemon is at level 35 for example, and has already reached 252 Evs in some statistics, it will not be reflected in your stats until you reach the level 100? ie those 63 stats points will not be available if you do not raise the level?

At level 35, you'll have 35% of 63 if you have 252 EVs in that particular stat

That makes it +22 compared to the same non-trained pokémon

You will also have 35% of the IVs in this stat

Each level up, you will gain 1% until 100% :Angel: