About PVP

Huazihul

So i´m playing pro again (i left the game a while ago) and i wanted to try pvp to see how is going, but unfortunately, i faced tree times in a row teams with 5 walls and a talonflame, i understand stall and full wall is a style of playing or an easy win, but can´t we get anyway to check our opponent´s team before the battle?? so if we don´t want to spend a whole hour in just one battle we can forfeit and look for a new battle, also in my opinion talonflame should be banned from pvp, if u banned "shadow tag" ability u should ban gale wings, even in pokemon sun/moon they nerfed it because it was too op (this are not excuses, i have my own gale wings talonflame that i use for bosses but not in pvp), anyway, i think this could be some good changes for pvp, because a lot of people just want to have fun or spend a nice time while playing pvp, and not fighting during 1 hour every single battle but that´s just my opinion. Anyway, have fun :Shy:

Yes, it is easy to counter if u have any of those pokes but without team preview u don't know when u can sacrifice a poke or save it and that's the bad part for me, at least i thunk it should be ban until we get team preview like shadow tag poke.

Yes, it is easy to counter if u have any of those pokes but without team preview u don't know when u can sacrifice a poke or save it and that's the bad part for me, at least i thunk it should be ban until we get team preview like shadow tag poke.

So i´m playing pro again (i left the game a while ago) and i wanted to try pvp to see how is going, but unfortunately, i faced tree times in a row teams with 5 walls and a talonflame, i understand stall and full wall is a style of playing or an easy win, but can´t we get anyway to check our opponent´s team before the battle?? so if we don´t want to spend a whole hour in just one battle we can forfeit and look for a new battle, also in my opinion talonflame should be banned from pvp, if u banned "shadow tag" ability u should ban gale wings, even in pokemon sun/moon they nerfed it because it was too op (this are not excuses, i have my own gale wings talonflame that i use for bosses but not in pvp), anyway, i think this could be some good changes for pvp, because a lot of people just want to have fun or spend a nice time while playing pvp, and not fighting during 1 hour every single battle but that´s just my opinion. Anyway, have fun :Shy:

Hi there, welcome back to the game.

I dont know if you were here when Dugtrio's ability Arena Trap got added. It allows you to easy dispatch Chansey/Blissey and many other Pokemons. The same with the choice items. I think that stall is not the same problem like it was before having all these new abilities/items. Check in this same forum and you should see a discussion in which people are talking about banning the mighty Choice Band Crawdaunt, which 2KOS most walls.The same with Choice Band Reckless Staraptor.

You can play mixed sets of Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite, Lucario, Infernape, etc. You bring Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, Skarmory? Take this Fire Blast from Salamence.

You just have to play smart. Put enough pressure on your opponent, use Hazards (Talonflame loses almost 50% HP at switch on Stealth Rocks). Now they have to either clean that or switch and Roost to recover. If something gets banned cause of no team preview, then the next thing asked to be banned would be Azumarill (which can also be countered by Amoonguss, Tentacruel) or any other Pokemon that means trouble for a team. I dont remember the reasons for Shadow Tag, but it should not be used as example to ban other things.

This is my opinion like a player, like you.

Hi there, welcome back to the game.

I dont know if you were here when Dugtrio's ability Arena Trap got added. It allows you to easy dispatch Chansey/Blissey and many other Pokemons. The same with the choice items. I think that stall is not the same problem like it was before having all these new abilities/items. Check in this same forum and you should see a discussion in which people are talking about banning the mighty Choice Band Crawdaunt, which 2KOS most walls.The same with Choice Band Reckless Staraptor.

You can play mixed sets of Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite, Lucario, Infernape, etc. You bring Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, Skarmory? Take this Fire Blast from Salamence.

You just have to play smart. Put enough pressure on your opponent, use Hazards (Talonflame loses almost 50% HP at switch on Stealth Rocks). Now they have to either clean that or switch and Roost to recover. If something gets banned cause of no team preview, then the next thing asked to be banned would be Azumarill (which can also be countered by Amoonguss, Tentacruel) or any other Pokemon that means trouble for a team. I dont remember the reasons for Shadow Tag, but it should not be used as example to ban other things.

This is my opinion like a player, like you.

Hi, i wasn't around when that happened i'm gonna have to take my time and give it a good look to all the changes then, thank you for your kind answer :Shy:

I dont know if you were here when Dugtrio's ability Arena Trap got added. It allows you to easy dispatch Chansey/Blissey and many other Pokemons.
Not really, on Yellow meta, we saw a lot of Blissey, so a lot of Dugtrio came to counter Blissey. But Blissey have Ice beam, and Dugtrio lose against it :/

Dugtrio have one way to counter Blissey Ice Beam, it's with the move Endure, unfortunately, this move is ban because it's badly coded :Cry:

You can try to use Dugtrio to counter Blissey, but in a lot of battle you will be disappointed :Crazy:

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

Hmm what does Shadow tag have to do with Gale wings? :thinking:

As said up there,bring a dugtrio,jolly nature,reversal earthquake screech sucker punch/rock slide + focus sash item and rip blisseys.

[mention]Kaminokage[/mention] Yeah gotta let something die to bring Dugtrio in on Blissey,Screech once,if he has ice beam he will activate the focus sash and that's a free reversal.Obviously if you get frozen.....well there rip.

252 Atk Dugtrio Reversal (200 BP) vs. -2 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 1314-1548 (184 - 216.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So yeah,don't bring it on switch in.:p

Married to Shaymin

hQm6q6C.png