Question about Starter Pikachu

Aliwisp

Hello,

I have a question about the Starter Pikachu...

A friend and myself are going to play the game, capturing all Male-Only and Female-Only pokemon just for a laugh, and we each got the opposite gender starter Pikachu, which we were going to trade to each other when we reach the 4th Gym in Kanto.

My question is... Will it still let us perform the Ash's Hat + Pikachu Surf quests?

Are these two, also, the only Pikachu quests? :o

no matter what happen, once you choose pikachu as starter, you can do the ash's hat quest

and all the pikachu, caught by your own hand, can learn surf from NPC

Hello Hahahaka,

Thank you very much for clarifying this.

I know we can catch new Pikachu's in Viridian Forest, and now that I know this - we needn't bother keeping our originals then, due to the bad IV stats and the Gender that it spawned as.

Hello,

I have a question about the Starter Pikachu...

A friend and myself are going to play the game, capturing all Male-Only and Female-Only pokemon just for a laugh, and we each got the opposite gender starter Pikachu, which we were going to trade to each other when we reach the 4th Gym in Kanto.

My question is... Will it still let us perform the Ash's Hat + Pikachu Surf quests?

Are these two, also, the only Pikachu quests? :o

DOn't trade the Pikachu's just keep them and catch the genders according to that gender that you have already, because it has to be your "Original Trainer" name on the Pokémon.

[CENTER][URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoCUHEyY8gM'][IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274535532187484161/274587552680378389/Alolamao.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Hi [mention]Aliwisp[/mention] !

When you choose starter Pikachu you now open the door for the Ash’s Hat quest and to teach Pikachu surf. Any pikachu you catch can learn surf and it will not affect/effect your game by releasing or trading yours away. Additionally, to answer your last part, these are the only Pikachu starter specific quests. As well, it is correct that in order for the Pikachu to learn surf it must be yor OT or Original Trainer for the elongated version.

As this answers your question I am going to lock the topic.

Yours Truly,

Doax

-Locked-

eqBpiUt.png

Rules|General Support|Bug Resolution|Game Guides|Suggestions

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be banished to the Distortion World for Giratina to ingest.