Help with pokemon Ivs

Emanueler

These would typically not be good for PVP. For a Gyarados sweeper you should use an Adamant or Jolly nature. Since you want to use it as a sweeper, using it's Hidden Ability (Moxie) Might be more beneficial. Magikarp is an extremely common Pokemon, and as such you should spend a couple of hours trying to find one that has every IV 20+, or at least one with a very high Attack and Speed stat.

The Eevee is also not very good because you never want a neutral nature on your pokemon, as you are missing out on a 10% increase in a preferred stat. For jolteon, that stat would be speed, and since Jolteon is a special attacker, the nature you need is Timid. Eevee is significantly more rare than Magikarp, however you should still be looking for an Eevee that has speed and spatk over 25.

Hey Emanuel,

I think you should go ahead and progress through the story before PvPing. A lot of high tier Pokemon for PvP are only available/more readily farmable in other regions. Trading for good Pokemon also requires you to have been in the region that it originated from. Also, certain farm areas are only accessible through quests and/or a given number of PokeDex entries (Cerulean Cave). Don't worry too much about trying to farm good Pokemon and trying to maximize their potential while doing the story, although if you do find a good Pokemon with the right nature and great IVs, I would recommend holding onto it until you're finished.

When you do decide to start PvPing and hunt/trade for Pokemon to be on your team, learn how to judge Pokemon by their nature and IVs. Here's a guide made by one of our fellow PRO members here. If you're starting to get into PvPing and are looking for sets, you can look at Smogon for a general idea of whats being ran on certain Pokemon, but keep in mind that PRO doesn't have certain abilities coded, no megas, and is also on Generation 6. You should also read the PvP Rules outlined by Letrix here. But in short, take your time to progress through the story! No need to rush into PvPing; some players completely opt out of PvPing and just play for story, which is completely acceptable. :heart:

Guest Kabanero91

The Magikarp is almost epic, very good karp. Gastly is decent for PVP aswell but it will lose to every other Gengar out there due to not having maximum speed IVs.

The best way to find out if a Poke is good at pvp or not is to look at smogon for a rough idea about the Poke and do some calculationes (https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/).

You wont be good at pvp by asking us which Pokes are good and which not, you should do your own opinion about them and find out some arguments why you can use them and why maybe not. Then you can presentate your idea about this Pokemon (Moveset, Ev spread, arguments why the IV are enogh etc.) and other ppl can share their opinion then.

What you are doing is: Searching a Pokemon, asking if its good, ppl will say ´yes´ or ´no´ mostly without some arguments and you might suck at pvp. Thats my point of view. I dont want to rate your Poke by doing some calculationes but basicly your Chansey have the right Nature, the right Ability and a good Def and Spdef. The hp is very bad. Nothing new to you I guess.

Just my opinion ofc.. Pvp is a very time investing thing when you have the goal to win.

Hf

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L