Subbed or Dubbed?

Yamidragon

Sub all the way, however sometimes dubbed is better like in dragon ball z, where goku isn't a 90year old women.

sDarkoix, you do start to pick up simple words pretty fast.

I've tried watched subbed, not for me. I speak partially French and still can't watch French stuff. Brutal.

mega_char_sig_by_jpshaw90-d959ngc.png

arrow_sig_by_jpshaw90-d95dtr7.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99% subbed. a FEW animes i prefer dubbed VERY slim amount. A lot is lost normally when switching from Subbed to Dubbed. Voice tones add to a lot of the meaning. simply saying Hello can be changed off the tone alone HELLO!!!!!!! vs monotone hello. Not the Same, the other time i prefer dubbed is when im going to sleep

Dub. Honestly, unless youre watching something 20years old, there is hardly a dub that would "make your ears bleed"

Its funny that most people who speak English swear that the Japanese voice acting is better when.. sometimes it really isnt. My friend born in Japan, rather someone watch dub, then have cring worthy sub, that people assume is 100% accurate. Bad and good voice acting isnt restricted to one country. It goes both ways.

It honestly depends on the environment your watching it in, My wife and I both live with a roommate who also watches anime.

So with three of us watching it, its realllly awkward watching it subbed for the simple fact that you cant even have a conversation. With it being dubbed its much better for the three of us.

And ive been watching anime since i was like 11 and was strictly subs for like 6 of those years. So yes, i'm totally aware of the difference but I still don't think its near enough to say a dubbed version "ruins" an anime.