Check total guild rating in game with a command

Imtrippin

Hey, everyone :Grin:

I was thinking of how we in guilds (many of us at least) encourage our members/get encouraged by our leaders to post our pvp rating to know the total guild rating. It gives you a good idea of the guild rating when the official PRO site hasn't gotten updated for a while. How about adding a command in game that lets anyone in the guild or maybe only the officers (not sure what would be best, this idea just popped into my head) so that we can check the total guildrating. It could be something like /grating or /gtotal. With this command, guilds that still want to know every individual player can keep going. However for guilds that just want to know their total rating, this command would be an easy way to find it out without having to wait for the next ladder update.

Thanks for reading ^^

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

From what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong), the ladder is solely updated by Shane, so if we wanted a constant up-to-date ladder, some sort of system would need to be developed and implemented.

I do like this idea, but not at the cost of other things (for instance, events and coding abilities/moves into PvP). If it'd be fairly quick to develop, I'd like to see it happen! :y:

From what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong), the ladder is solely updated by Shane, so if we wanted a constant up-to-date ladder, some sort of system would need to be developed and implemented.

I do like this idea, but not at the cost of other things (for instance, events and coding abilities/moves into PvP). If it'd be fairly quick to develop, I'd like to see it happen! :y:

Oh, I didn't know this. I'm not much of a programmer, but I've started studying it recently. I'm not sure how it works for a whole game with hundreds of people online 24/7, but I think that it wouldn't take much time to implement a function that automatically adds numbers gained and lost after a pvp match. But I agree with that some stuff should be prioritized more than this. I just thought it would be nice with a command that could do it automatically, so that Shane doesn't have to update it every once in a while manually himself.

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

Oh, I didn't know this. I'm not much of a programmer, but I've started studying it recently. I'm not sure how it works for a whole game with hundreds of people online 24/7, but I think that it wouldn't take much time to implement a function that automatically adds numbers gained and lost after a pvp match. But I agree with that some stuff should be prioritized more than this. I just thought it would be nice with a command that could do it automatically, so that Shane doesn't have to update it every once in a while manually himself.

Well... it is a bit more complex than you're led to think... but in short, I think it's good idea if it doesn't hog up developing time for other things. :Angel: