Dark Cave Johto Help

Thomasp

I've been in Johto and beat the first gym. I need to go through the Dave Cave South in order to continue the game, however there are no Pokemon that can use Surf so early in the game (I chose Cyndaquil as my starter). In addition, I never picked up Rock Smash in Kanto because I didn't need it throughout the game.

Anyone have any tips to procede? I was thinking I might have to lvl up a Magikarp to 20 so I can teach surf to Gyarados.

I've been in Johto and beat the first gym. I need to go through the Dave Cave South in order to continue the game, however there are no Pokemon that can use Surf so early in the game (I chose Cyndaquil as my starter). In addition, I never picked up Rock Smash in Kanto because I didn't need it throughout the game.

Anyone have any tips to procede? I was thinking I might have to lvl up a Magikarp to 20 so I can teach surf to Gyarados.

Use this guide

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=70691

Use this guide

Use this guide

For the surf Pokemon, I recommend you to either ask someone to give you a poke with surf or get a surf mount. Also, you can catch a water Pokemon at union cave with a rod. You don't need rock smash in that cave to continue your story. Good luck.