Question about training

Nvssantos

Hey guys, i used to play pokemon a long time ago and came back to play this one now.

The thing is, when i used to play, chagin pokemon during battle used to affect the stats and EVs when raising a pokemon.

But here, after we knock out an enemy pokemon, we dont have any option to change, and we can change only after the battle starts again.

So, my question is, changing pokemon during battles still affect the stats and EVS? How the best way to raise the pkmons?

Ty for the help!

Ps: Sorry for bad english!

Ps2: Sorry if it was asked before, i searched for it but could find.

Hey guys, i used to play pokemon a long time ago and came back to play this one now.

The thing is, when i used to play, chagin pokemon during battle used to affect the stats and EVs when raising a pokemon.

But here, after we knock out an enemy pokemon, we dont have any option to change, and we can change only after the battle starts again.

So, my question is, changing pokemon during battles still affect the stats and EVS? How the best way to raise the pkmons?

Ty for the help!

If you meant by this; example if you are ev training and you put it in first slot and change to another poke, first poke can still get ev spread.

From the day you were born, and took your first breath... I've been beside you. Be not afraid, fear not the name of the reaper.

Ty for the help!

If you meant by this; example if you are ev training and you put it in first slot and change to another poke, first poke can still get ev spread.

I see... Well, ty for the help!

But, about EVs training, any way we can redistribute the EVs? Maybe reset them?

Because im training my charmander from the start, and i would like to max his spec. atk., but in the beggining i need him to battle with every one, you know?

Ty for the help!

Hey there! If you change pokemons during battle, it will get all stats back to normal. It will not affect Evs. A good way to level up pokemons quick is to battle NPCs or wild pokemons in maps which contain the pokemons of the level of the pokemon(s) you want to to train. To ev train pokemons, you can train them at ev training spots. Good luck

- snip -

Hey there!

Given that the answers are rather confusing and spread out, I will post this:

If you switch out pokémon in battle, each pokémon who battled and still is alive at the end, will get the EVs upon victory; however, due to the time to switch out pokémon in battle, I personnally find it more efficient ‒or at least less troublesome‒ to EV one poké at a time :Shy:

You cannot switch when fainting a foe, but you still can switch otherwise.

Note that if your poké faint, it won't recieve any EV nor XP from the battle

As to reset EVs, you can use EV-reducing berries that you can get:

• In
Viridian Maze and Petalburg Maze;
Kanto's Berry Tower challenge or buy them at Goldenrod's Berry Shop after defeating Pumpkin King;
Possible rewards from bosses Erika and Maribela.

As to where you can train, Kanto's Safari Effort Wald is the most efficient way, but has a cost and requires you to own 8 Kanto's badges to have the option to access there;

[margin=6]In the wilderness, you can follow guides such as EV Training Hotspots :Grin:

On another note, don't be sorry for your english :Smile:

I hope I could clear things out; if you have further questions on this matter, feel free to ask!

With this being said, I wish you a good day, and happy new year!