Spanish Translation (Traducción al Español)

Imwilliamus

Hello. My name is Max and I'm from Costa Rica.

I studied professional English translation at the National Learning Institute of Costa Rica (INA).

I would like to translate the whole game. But I could start only with the content that you consider necessary.

Of course all this would be totally free. I don't ask for anything in return.

I just want to be able to play what I like in my native language.

Thanks, I hope your answer.

• Like 1

Snip

I think translation is not needed in the game yet. Only scripters code the dialogues of the game. To be a scripter, you need to have basic knowledge of programming. I am not sure whether translation is needed or not. But I think it's not needed now. Have a good day :Smile:

Hello. My name is Max and I'm from Costa Rica.

I studied professional English translation at the National Learning Institute of Costa Rica (INA).

I would like to translate the whole game. But I could start only with the content that you consider necessary.

Of course all this would be totally free. I don't ask for anything in return.

I just want to be able to play what I like in my native language.

Thanks, I hope your answer.

As per the giant topic that says READ THIS BEFORE MAKING A SUGGESTION:

Adding and translating other languages in game

PRO's main storyline will be kept English as the widely accepted "official" language in the game, even by bilingual players. Only minor things (menus, options, etc) will be translated; however, there is no estimated time frame for this, and it's considered very low-priority.

We've had many suggestions for community-submitted translations to be implemented. However, the community would need access to proprietary code to even think about translating parts of the dialogue, and we will never give out access to our code that way. Since that won't happen, players will just have to wait until staff is ready to start adding translations ourselves.

Another point that’s been brought up is a request for the community to be able to access dialogue scripts, rather than the actual code. However, this will still be denied. First, only a few staff members can access the code, and it takes time to collect the dialogue scripts line-by-line from the code, time that could be better utilized doing other things. Second, PRO is still in development. So instead of focusing on that priority, said staff members would need to divert time and energy away from that to collect dialogue instead, representing a waste of resources. Third, even with a community translation in place, there’s a huge amount of NPCs and story dialogue scripts in PRO that are always being edited and tweaked. Constantly having to update translations alongside these edits would represent a waste of time and resources. Finally, community translations do not guarantee quality control - staff members would need to recheck the dialogue translations after the community has submitted them (adding even more work, which is a huge burden considering the PRO staff already lacks human resources as is).

Translation will not be happening.