Hidden abilities

Domantex

Hello, I started playing this game recently and wanted to ask this: do hidden abilities stay after the pokemon evolves? I caught Sentret with a hidden ability called Frisk. If I evolve it to Furret is there a chance that this ability will change or I will lose it? :thanks:

• Like 1

Hello, I started playing this game recently and wanted to ask this: do hidden abilities stay after the pokemon evolves? I caught Sentret with a hidden ability called Frisk. If I evolve it to Furret is there a chance that this ability will change or I will lose it? :thanks:

I have two answers for your question. One is yes and the other is no.

In your case, it is no. As, sentret's hidden ability is frisk. Ferret's hidden ability is also frisk. So, it won't change.

In some cases, it does change. For example let me take eevee. Eevee's hidden ability is anticipation. When you give it water stone and evolve it, its hidden ability will change to hydration. As, vaporeon's hidden ability is Hydration.

Same goes for other Pokemons. If the hidden ability of the next Pokemon is different. The Pokemon will obtain to that ability after it evolves. In some, cases the next form has the same hidden ability. In those cases, it won't change.

Good luck :Angel:

This is also the same for regular abilities. See it this way: Pokemons have 3 possible ability slots: Ability 1, Ability 2 and Hidden ability. When you catch a pokemon, it will have one of the slots, and even if it evolves, it will remain in that slot.

For example, Tyrogue has Guts in his Ability 1 and Steadfast in its Ability 2. His evolution, Hitmontop, has Intimidate in his Ability 1 and Technician in his Ability 2. If you want an Hitmontop with Technician, you would need to catch a Tyrogue that has Ability 2, or Steadfast.

There's certain cases where a same ability is in multiple slots, however. In general, that's going to happen for the last evolution of a pokemon, but looking at a list of pokemon per ability, there's Spewpa who has both normal abilities as Shed Skin, but evolves in Vivillon who has two normal abilities. So if you catch a Spewpa, you can't tell which ability it will have upon evolving, as you don't know if it has an Ability 1 Shed Skin or an Ability 2 Shed Skin.

• Like 2

214157603_sayumigrowlithesignature.png.4a2a82daf244704d7e1e67f4faf14065.png