done 5 badges in sinnoh so far. Been too easy and here's why

Sunrhapz

TM/HM; pretty obvious that having the ability to sweep everything with a few pokemon at the start with the most powerful moves and type coverage is op.

General item/currency accumulation; anyone who's played through kanto johto and hoenn has stocked up a ton of general supplies and held items that make sinnoh 2 easy.

Players are simply just better at the game by the 4th region.

One thing that would help is implementing certain badge requirements before more powerful TM's(thunderbolt/flamethrower/psychic etc..) can be used on pokemon form the Sinnoh region.

Not sure how difficult it would be but perhaps make a limit to certain medical items that can be brought(limit 10-20 of each thing~) and or add badge requirements for cheese like revive

The only other fix I can think of is simply scale the pokemon up slightly but thats a lot of work.

Regardless I feel like Sinnoh needs to be harder, at least the first half~, just seemed like a constant sturdy-geodude sweep.

Not nearly the challenge I'd come to expect from PRO.

And dont say, "oh just don't use this or that item"... I'm not here to play my own customized nuzlock version of PRO, whatever items I have should be considered when balancing or be regulated.

The design as it is right now is that the only thing you forfeit when starting a new region is your previous regions pokemons. One could certainly decide to do a Nuzlocke, one could decide to play normally through it, one could boost up with TMs all their pokemons from the start, one could even borrow a level 100 pokemon from another player. All these mindsets appear to be acceptable from the staff.

The two solutions you offer are only half solutions, and not very viable as I see it. Let me explain.

On one side, you find it too easy if you use TMs, so you want to block use of these TMs until the player completes X badges. However, you still have the TM on you. You could simply find someone that has already completed the region and trade him the pokemon and TM so he could teach your pokemon instead of you. Let's say some people won't really like having to do that when they could already use their TM before, and trying also prevent that other way of teaching TMs will have negative impacts on other parts of the game. Same for limiting items you can bring, you could just find someone to trade your items to, which would give them back after you've entered the region.

On the other side, you want to see the difficulty being increased so that it corresponds to how strong you would be with preparation. However, there are many people that prefers rushing all 4 regions without any preparation beforehand. If the difficulty is increased to factor preparation from previous regions, then someone might become unable to progress anymore because he did not prepare beforehand, leaving him with the only possibility of grinding for a long time or borrowing a high level pokemon from another user, both of which users would prefer avoiding if they want to play through a region in a casual mindset.

214157603_sayumigrowlithesignature.png.4a2a82daf244704d7e1e67f4faf14065.png

The design as it is right now is that the only thing you forfeit when starting a new region is your previous regions pokemons. One could certainly decide to~

You make valid points I haden't considered, I'm just shooting an opinion mostly.

I guess im suggesting that they could have made a little more consideration for mainly solo players, as you said everything becomes irrelevant if they get another player to lend them high lvl pokes, so specifically tuning items could work for solo players while still having the option to get other player assistance.

And as for preperation, I always try to keep my items stocked up so it's just natural.

Sinnoh is no different difficulty wise compared to Kanto or Johto, at least in my opinion. Speaking as someone who has made a second account and just re did all the stories, they're all fairly relative. Kanto felt insane because you tried to do a balanced team, evolved things earlier, and like you said, you didn't know as much about the game. Bulbasaur and Sandshrew can literally carry you to e4 in kanto, and a gengar will sweep the e4. It can be done in a couple hours. Piplup carries through Sinnoh in the same way.

The one thing I will agree with is that having access to HMs and other TMs to give your starters in other regions does make the process significantly faster.