to get a shiny poke

Pravin777

Some time I spent hours to catch shiny pokes but for no shiny came .so I need to know how much hours to catch a shiny poke I'm having bad luck cause no shiny came to me even rattatta

Hello there;

It's not an amount of hour required; you can get lucky and encounter one right after leaving Pallet Town, or never encounter one during your playthrough.

That is the meaning of RNG - Random Number Generation.

You have 1/8192 chances that the wild pokémon you encounter is a shiny, but random means that it won't always be the 8192th. :Angel:

Good luck in your shiny hunt, and have a good day :Sing:

Since this was an interessting question I took out my calculatior and found your answer.

We assume:

You want a "almost" guranteed shiny pokemon of whatever rarity - P=0,99=99%

probability per encounter is indeed 1/8192

you get around 4 encounters per minute

Fell free to check my answer but I found out that you need 37338 encounter to have at least 1 shiny with a probability of 99%

18719 encounters for a 90% chance.

5634 encounters for a 50% chance.

Refering back to 99%, with 4 encounters/ min you are looking at around 156 hours or 6,5 days of nonstop searching.

Good luck.

Once I was farming Eevee´s and counted my wild encounters in 60 minutes and came to the conclusion that you need pretty exact 24 hours in average of non stop farming with a mount to get one shiny. :D

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

• 4 years later...