Contributor Role Rework

Teerav

I just saw the Contributor Role is being reworked or contributors will be rewarded in a different way. I wanted to chime in and agree it seems like a good idea to rework it and structure towards a continuous contributing system. Also wanted to give my idea. Obviously the numbers and specifics can and should be altered based on more knowledgeable staff. However, the general idea should be clear.

Definition of a Contributor:

• A player who is actively contributing to the PRO community in a consistent and meaningful way.

How to earn Contributor role:

• Step 1: Must apply via forums. A simple application form thread or google docs questionnaire will be created for players to fill out. Example questions:
    • Which server do you play on?
    • Provide a screenshot of your Trainer Card from your most active server:
    • Please link any and all guides you have created for the community:
    • Please link any social media content you have created for the community: (YouTube channel, Twitch stream, Discord Server, etc.)
    • Please link any events you have done for the community: (Tournaments, Activities, Giveaways, etc.)
    • How else have you contributed to the community?

[*]Step 2: Application review done by specific PRO Staff. Staff should be looking for specific qualities in applicants.

• Consistent content in social media.
    • High quality guides and/or events.
    • Extremely active and helpful on the forums, answering questions, etc.
    • Extremely active in game or discord helping others.
    • Good standing with PRO. No recent suspensions or disruptive behavior.

[*]Step 3: Acceptance into Contributor role with a determined Contributor rank.

Contributor ranks and what they eligible for:

• Rank 0: Contributors under review for inactivity.
  • Rank 1: Entry level contributors who provide infrequent content to the community.
    • The occasional guide, video, or event.
    • Extremely active and helpful members of the community on the forums, etc.
    • Eligible for 50 coins or small membership medallion each month.

[*]Rank 2: Contributors will a high amount of following on content to the community.

• Videos with consistently over 1,000 views.
    • Events with consistently over 50 participants.
    • Eligible for 100 coins or coin capsule each month.

[*]Rank 3: Contributors who have shown extreme dedication to the PRO community.

• Created content that reshaped the PRO community for the better. (Reborn Bot is a great example of this.)
    • Eligible for 150 coins each month.

Other perks to Contributor role:

• Contributor Role on the Official PRO Discord.
  • Access to a Contributor Forum that provides a more direct line to staff concerning suggestions, events, and additional support.

How to lose Contributor role:

• Should a contributor be inactive or stop contributing, they will be placed at Rank 0. They will then need to provide evidence they are still contributing or resume contributing to earn their previous rank back or they will be revoked from their contributor role altogether.

How to implement Contributor role and rank rewards:

• Add Contributor Ranks 0, 1, 2, and 3 to the forum. Would a staff member be able to make coin rewards automatic monthly based on forum roles? I think that would easiest.
  • Assign a specific staff member to reviewing contributor roles each month for amount content produced. Each rank should be scrutinized the higher it is.

• Like 3
E6W75Tu.png

Thanks for the suggestion, Teerav ^^ We're working on something kinda like this already, you'll just have to stay tuned to see. Would like to see what others think about it :SquirtleSquad:

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Initially, i believe that "contributor" is not the best name. Me and some friends when stated thought it was simply who put $$ in the game.

Maybe "helper", "tutor" is more appropriate.

I do not know if it has a connection, but many contributions that you have talked are referring to the marketing, such as events, guides and videos. I do not see this as something good for something as a "contributor", despite having an indirect connection, guess is its just a extra thing, and not the hole thing.

Besides that, i think ranks are a nice thing, which provides the growth and the "keep being a contributor desire".

I love the suggestion, but removing the events, guides and videos extra importance. And the name... cant like "contributor". Life is without colour with that name :(

Sorry if i write something wrong, or it seems that i did not like the idea. Its a great suggestion.