Virus [SOLVED]

Xwhitefuryx

I ! Everytime I download Pro 32 bits new version from patch march 13. I get a virus and I can't open Pokemon. It is a black screen and in my computer Quarantine they always put a Trojan:Win32/Critet.BS virus. Can someone explain me why. It is the first time since I play pokemon.

Thank you !

Yeah, PRO wash have a trojan virus, dont worry PRO staff working on this ! Try to clear your computer and bad for you !

Good luck.

CobraMK from Red server.

thank you yea i will just wait for the next version :) i don't want any virus on my PC

thank you yea i will just wait for the next version :) i don't want any virus on my PC
Hi there,

Contrary to what CobraMK has said, the alert from your anti-virus was merely a false positive that was triggered and your computer is safe as long as you are downloading from the official download links.

The reason why there is a false positive in the system is due to how we obfuscate our code to make our client more secure. As most viruses are also hidden in the same manner, the anti-virus detects it as a potential threat anyway. I hope this clears up your concerns; if you want to do any further testing, you are free to test do some testing; here's a Guide on Troubleshooting False Positives; VirusTotal is also a good site as another check to determine a possible virus. Feel free to test PRO files.

With that said, please take a look at the PRO Black Screen/Mono Workaround; yes, you will need to disable your antivirus, but it is only for a few steps and shouldn't pose any issue. Turning off your antivirus in the steps listed below is necessary to get your game running:

For those who are running any OS below Windows 10:

1. Delete your PRO files
  2. Disable Microsoft security essential/Windows Defender
  3. Unzip PRO current version again
  4. Add PRO folder to the "exclusion list" of MSE/WD
  5. Enable Microsoft Security Essential/Windows Defender

For those who are running Windows 10:

1. Disable Windows Defender
  2. Unzip PRO again
  3. Add the folder to the "exclusion list" of Windows Defender
  4. Re-enable Windows Defender

The source for both workarounds listed above is here.

If you're running Windows 10 and the above workaround doesn't work for you, alternatively try this (source here):

1. Have your Windows Defender on
  2. Remove the files and unzip again
  3. Open the game and close it
  4. Go to the Windows balloon in the right corner
  5. Open the virus scan
  6. Restore the quarantined file
  7. Open the game again, it should work now.
  8. To avoid doing this in the future, add the game folder as an exception in your antivirus.

At the moment, these are the current known workarounds, and it should work as long as you follow the steps correctly.

I'll now lock this thread so that further misinformation does not arise; I wish you a good rest of your week.

Kind Regards, Astraea.

ylJbQ.png

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate forums for your message as it may be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be purified.