rules and honesty in pvp

Drunkm

I am going to excuse my English but write through a transaltor

Hello, I am asking you to ban clefable and blissey and earlier evolutions from pvp it is not honest, not everyone has a pokemon to counter these pokemon, and when this is the case, the opponent immediately changes the pokemon and so every attack if his pokemon were not finished, where is the urge of fighting? and why darkrai, genesect is banned where other pokemons are faster and stronger than them, you can not fix the game, only add mounty and other things that you can "buy for money" because it is the most important and players just do not listen, you can bend me and my account with 1k hours, but these are the realities and this is the truth, and have a nice day

Clefable and blissey are very counterable, and changing pokemon in response to what the opponent is doing is a very basic part of pvp in pokemon. Darkrai and genesect are banned because they have good stats movepools and abilities that make them too strong. Just being faster than them or hitting harder doesnt make a mon stonger than them.

magmah6sx0.png

genesect banned because of its overpowered ability

and it has a large movepool

can be atk / spatk / both

for the "only add mounty and other things that you can buy for money" part,

go check out the update log

go count by yourself how many things implemented/fixed between 2 updates in coin shop

how many things implemented/fixed after the last update in coin shop

when was the last update in coin shop

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/ingame-update-log.80420/

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/3146-url

Edited by hahahaka

Hello, I have played games where darkrai and genesect were unbanned and pvp. Darkrai has a massive move pool and even though his Dark Void was nerfed in SuMo it still doesn't change how threatening Darkrai is. Genesect however is a pvp god when it comes to stats/abilities/movepool. Yes, there are better options, but they are very oppressive pokemon.

Now for Clefable - I actually used to use this pokemon in SuMo tournaments. Steel and poison is still a very big weakness to her. Yes, she can learn flamethrower and it is considered a staple, but there are non steel/poison types that can still learn the moves and are threatening to it.

Blissey - Another pokemon I used to run (Cause tbh I like the way it looks) and any mon with Magic Bounce or Taunt can whip the mon in shape. Not to mention Fighting is still a huge weakness

As far as switching. I can understand how people don't like seeing it, and don't like doing it. However, its a strategy. If you have Flareon out and I have Leafeon. I am going to switch to something that is going to maximize my chances of winning that match-up, and most people will do the same. When it comes to high ranking battles (I'm talking outside PRO because I haven't really fooled around with the pvp in PRO) prediction and counter plays revolve around their opponent switch. Next time try to "read" what your opponent might do. You may be wrong in some cases, but it may help out a lot.

Trust me when I say I understand where you are coming from, and I really hope this helps you

• Like 1
dp8w1z.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So basically you're complaining that you're unable to, or have a really hard time dealing with specific Pokémon and thus they need to be banned, instead of, you know, building your team around them or in a more balanced way, that actually accounts for those weaknessess of yours, like any PVP player is supposed to?

Genesect and Darkrai - they're banned because the former is really versatile when it comes to stat investments, abilities and move possibilities, which limits its counters to very limited options, while the latter is literally the 30th fastest Pokémon in the entire game (as of Gen VII), which makes him the fastest sleep-inducing user by a wide margin, despite Dark Void's nerf (Hypnosis is now its most reliable choice, with a 70% accuracy) - the disruptive, rinse-and-repeat potential of snowballing the match by putting the entire opposition to sleep is too high.

Clefable and Blissey - Blissey is a massive specially defensive tank, but pretty much allergic to physical moves. Sure, having a Fighting move or two is ideal, but even strong STAB, neutral, physical hits can make quick work of it. Now for Clefable it gets a little trickier, but nothing immensely difficult is necessary, with a bunch of different counters appliable, from having Steel and Poison types (that take little damage from Moonblast and can hit back with their own super-effective STAB moves), from having Fire types (they're also resistant to Fairy, and while not hitting back super-effectively, can use the opportunity to set up on Clefable and either force a switch-out or just straight up get the KO) and putting up offensive pressure (Clefable can't afford to be bulky on both Defense and Special Defense, so you can simply hit it harder on the non-invested stat).

Finally, Kellsbelles already said everything there is to say about switching: it's one of the basic principles of PVP battling, alongside with prediction and mindfulness of the biggest threats to your team when teambuilding, as well as how to deal with them throughout the battle. These are skills that come with practice, though, so don't feel discouraged if you don't quite get it at first/don't get it right at first. Every battle is different, with people staying in when you thought they'd switch up, people switching up when you thought they'd have no reason to, or some other third thing. So make sure you've done everything you could on your end, and the rest will sort itself out.