How exactly to start ?

Bolthvil

Good Evening,

so I just wanted to play some Pokemon... atleast is that what i thought, but now I´m really getting into this PRO thing i think.

I have a very general question: Is it nescessary to be on track with IV´s/EV´s just for the Story ? - Because at the moment I feel like, I just want to do the Story as fast as possibel and than "start to play".

I´m at the 3rd City, so there is a long way to go, but I want to make the right start.

Would you say you can take any Pokemon and just go through the Story? -If so, I´ll just go on and have some fun, without mindcracking farming of high IV´s Pokemon.

I´ve searched for around 20- 30 minutes, but couldn´t find a "guide" which advices you how to start, cause there is a main way, or atleast a suggested one, I´m just wondering.

Good Evening,

so I just wanted to play some Pokemon... atleast is that what i thought, but now I´m really getting into this PRO thing i think.

I have a very general question: Is it nescessary to be on track with IV´s/EV´s just for the Story ? - Because at the moment I feel like, I just want to do the Story as fast as possibel and than "start to play".

I´m at the 3rd City, so there is a long way to go, but I want to make the right start.

Would you say you can take any Pokemon and just go through the Story? -If so, I´ll just go on and have some fun, without mindcracking farming of high IV´s Pokemon.

I´ve searched for around 20- 30 minutes, but couldn´t find a "guide" which advices you how to start, cause there is a main way, or atleast a suggested one, I´m just wondering.

Hello,

Story can generally be beaten with 1-3 lvl 100 pokemon. At the end of each region you can use the pokes from past regions on the E4 so each region just get 1-2 lvl 100s and you should be fine. To save time in the long run though hunting proper pokemon with natures and abilities and ev training them is good too. You can do either way in the end play it how you want to.

Have a good day :)

Before I start another post.

I try to get an answer here.

After asking several times(2 days) in Gamechat, I decided to ask post.

So Im at Saffron City atm and about to do this Giovianni thing, therefore I want to train my Pokemon a little bit, but I can´t find a good Spot.

All Spots are around lvl 25 Pokemon which is too low for my lvl 40-70 Pokemon.

Thank you for your help

before the 4th gym, in order to level your pokemon enough to easily defeat Giovanni there isnt really a "best spot". As you said, all spots are max lvl 25 mons, so unless you picked Bulba (or could probably get away with Squirtle too) you're probably going to need to level your mons a bit more than if you selected one of those (since SE). Best part of PRO, just grind a lil bit, get 1 or 2 pokes north of lvl 40 and you shouldnt have an issue with Gio.

After this you unlock trading, so if you have any generous friends they can also gift you (or you could buy) a lvl 100 mon to speed through story and then start doing whichever endgame activity interests you, or start a new region.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

For story u don't have to ev train ur poke but before battling with giovanni u need to be prepared Cuz it's a headache for newbies after 4th badge u can ev train if u want at fushcia city there is a place name called kanto safari zone u need 10k= 20min per entry Ev training area best place for training and for lvl up training seafoam cave, cinnebar mansion,victory road r gud

So gud luck for ur PRO journey:RowletHeart:

• 2 weeks later...

All u need is a gyarados he cushes every thing in the game all gyms and e4s

if i re member right the moves are bite icefang waterfall and forgetthe name of the last move but ups atk and spd i think its what it did

and if u fill u really need more thin 1 good poke get a gengar as well.