OT is missing

D34th

So my friend traded me a pokemon and its OT went blank. Is there anything that can be done about this or will it just remain blank?

Hello there! If your are talking about your level 27 Rattata from Mrbrown0823, then it looks like he traded you the Rattata before it had its ID number assigned as it still had 0 as its ID. This is a well known issue and unfortunately, trading a pokemon before it has its ID number assigned may cause the OT to become blank. Furthermore, I'm sorry to say that there is nothing we can do in cases like this.

With this said, you'll have to catch a new Rattata if you planned to level this one up to battle Joey. Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you understand.Please be sure to wait for the pokemon to gain its ID number before trading it away to prevent this from reoccuring.

Hope this helps and have a great day!

Fluffles_Sig_Toge_Lurk_2.png

General Support PRO Reporting Punishment Policy Discipline Appeals

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be sent to the Black Forest, never to be seen again.

Even though the entire time i was training it it said MrBrown0823 as the OT and then when i gave it back it dissappeared?

Hello there! Well like I stated, if the ID was 0 when you traded it, despite the current OT, then it would've caused the OT to get wiped. I'm really sorry and I know it can be really frustrating to train up another Rattata.

Nevertheless, you can catch a level 48-52 Rattata at the Mt. Silver Expert Belt. Dig spots, which have a 3 day cooldown, are a good way to earn rare candies and money. Trainers also reset every 7 days, which you may rebattle to train your Rattata up on. Don’t forget that you can also train your Rattata in Seafoam Islands, Cinnabar Mansion and Victory Road for Kanto as well as Dragon’s Den and Mount Silver for Johto. You may also claim the Everstone from the Dragon Club (With 70 caught data) if you don't want to keep canceling the evolution.

Fluffles_Sig_Toge_Lurk_2.png

General Support PRO Reporting Punishment Policy Discipline Appeals

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be sent to the Black Forest, never to be seen again.

well its not really frustrating for me to train another one, its mrbrown whose frustrated with it, so im training another one for him already, thank you though
Hi d34th,

Sorry for the inconvenience; could you have Mrbrown make a post and send us a screenshot of the Rattata in question? We can fix the OT for you; there's no need to train another Rattata.

Kind Regards, Astraea.

ylJbQ.png

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Use the appropriate forums for your message as it may be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be purified.

Hi d34th,

Sorry for the inconvenience; could you have Mrbrown make a post and send us a screenshot of the Rattata in question? We can fix the OT for you; there's no need to train another Rattata.

Kind Regards, Astraea.

1527027626243.thumb.png.9259a92a9207e45dc3145ebc1ab69e7f.png

thats the rattata, and i also have a sceptile from him that did the same thing

1527027660165.thumb.png.2e01a5e35c7f65101725799d7a1a0d61.png

[ATTACH=full]19008[/ATTACH]

thats the rattata, and i also have a sceptile from him that did the same thing

[ATTACH=full]19009[/ATTACH]

Hi D34th,

Unfortunately, for you to complete the Youngster Joey quest, the Rattata needs to specifically be a Rattata, not a Raticate, so fixing the OT in this case wouldn't do much other than aesthetics. We're also unable to 'de-evolve' the Pokemon for you I'm afraid. :PiplupCry:

In the future, if your friend wants to trade over a Pokemon he recently caught, check if it has an ID. If it's ID is 0, please do a quick re-log so the the Pokemon gets an ID before trading!

Kind Regards, Astraea.

ylJbQ.png

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Use the appropriate forums for your message as it may be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be purified.

Hi D34th,

Unfortunately, for you to complete the Youngster Joey quest, the Rattata needs to specifically be a Rattata, not a Raticate, so fixing the OT in this case wouldn't do much other than aesthetics. We're also unable to 'de-evolve' the Pokemon for you I'm afraid. :PiplupCry:

In the future, if your friend wants to trade over a Pokemon he recently caught, check if it has an ID. If it's ID is 0, please do a quick re-log so the the Pokemon gets an ID before trading!

Kind Regards, Astraea.

i already completed the quest, raised a second rattata, and i do have OCD so the blank spot does bother me XD, i had the quest completed for myself before i posted this thread, it was just that i needed to train another for mrbrown, which he already completed now and we are currently in hoenn, but if you could get them fixed i would be greatly appriciative and cooperative with whatever i need to do