Drain Punch still healing on ghost types?

Zinsmiter

So my Opponent's Breloom had lost like 40% of his health and went for a Drain Punch.

I switched out to my Gengar and even though Drain Punch didn't deal any damage to my

Gengar, it still healed Breloom.

Obviously this is not how it's meant to be since the damage should have to be actually dealt

before Drain Punch can leech HP based on the damage dealt.

I only tried this once so there might be a small chance that i'm wrong.

EDIT: I tried it again, so it's confirmed.

But now that you know it you can double check.

Wanna add some bug information too about Drain Punch,

The recovery from Drain Punch is bug too, because its recover amount of large HP.

This is what i found in battle, Breloom had lost about 90% of his health and went for a Drain Punch to my Weavile full HP, my Weavile fainted and Breloom recovered full health. It should be about 60% not 100% because Bulbapedia said "Drain Punch inflicts damage, and up to 50% of the damage dealt to the target is restored to the user as HP". Please fixed it. :thanks:

myVYGvo.gif

• ● ⬤ Proud Family of Chronos! ⬤ ● •

[glow=blue]signature credit to Mieon, check it here[/glow]

Another update:

Alright there seems be a lot of weird things going on with Drain Punch. I tried it another time where it hit my Gengar and it didn't get hp so that seems

a bit inconsistent.

I'll try to state the differences between the battle where it drained hp from Gengar and the battle where it didn't drain (by Drain i mean heal since Gengar still didn't take damage).

IIRC:

Battle 1:

I lead with Scizor. My opponent leads with Breloom. I click Bullet Punch and he loses some hp. He uses Spore and my Scizor falls asleep. I click Bullet Punch but still sleep. He uses Drain Punch and heals.

I switch to Gengar and he uses Drain Punch again. Gengar takes no damage but Breloom heals.

Battle 2:

Same beginning moves. After he uses Spore, instead of using Bullet Punch like last time i switch immediately to Gengar. He uses Drain Punch. Gengar takes no damage a Breloom DOESN'T heal.

While fighting i wasn't fighting to look for errors and sometimes i just look away and i might miss something, but this is how i recall it at least. I'll update if i spot another difference.

• 2 weeks later...