Wizard of Oz Holiday Event

Malisith

Doesn't need to be fall...maybe Halloween?

"A horse of a different color." Ponyta/Rapidash variations. Maybe something new for Blitzle/Zebstrika?

Let's face it, as cool as the blue fire is, it turning grey at 100 is a bit of a thrill kill. This is a good excuse to have fun with it.

Color variations I would run, emerald/green, pink, teal, purple and yellow/gold.

Could also do nightmare red/orange, where the body is black or hot coal looking over white. That might b too much though.

5a92v9I.pngVQecj4n.png

PBh8jPG.pngjkkiAcM.png

hpfl0rb.pngBZIr5RF.png (just in case the wicked witch or headless horseman wants their own ponyta)

Yellow Brick Road Quest: Yes Please.

Other character theme skin variations could include

Scarecrow Abra/ evos

Tinman Golett/ evos

Cowardly Meowth/evo or litleo(recommended by boythunder)

Toto poochyena/Mightyena

Flying Monkey Gligar/evo

RwKxGvx.png YsMP1oz.png

(Gligar/Gliscor Sample)

and of course new player clothes, such as Dorothy's dress or wicked witche's hat. The Rapidash mounts coming in new colors may be a thing. If not that, at the very least, broom stick mount. Could even make a rare pair of ruby slippers to bring a player back to a home point. maybe make up for fly not being in game some. would be good quest reward.

Why make a Wizard of Oz theme event?

because

because

because

because who doesn't like the wizard of oz?

c3c1QpK.pngOsHM36M.png

Edited by Malisith

Thought Reaper

Dorothy Gale-Lilligant, Gothorita, Audino, Delcatty, Kirlia, Smoochum

Scarecrow-Shiftry, Breloom, Sudowoodo

Tinman-Bisharp, Aggron, Registeel

Cowardly Lion-Pyroar, Luxio

Toto-Lilipup or Herdier

Wicked Witch of the West-Mismagius, Murkrow or Honchkrow

Good Witch of the North-Clefable, Delphox, Aromatisse, Florges

Flying Monkey-Swoobat, Chimchar with wings (lol)

Hungry Tiger-Arcanine, Mightyena

Solider with Green Whiskers-Escavalier

this seems well thought out

• Like 1

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

this seems well thought out

Any chance any of this would be put into actual development?

I could help out with sprites if that's needed. What you see above was done quickly as a rough concept.

As far as special skins pokes go, I think best time for theme/character mergers is Halloween. Like Wizard Pikachu (which I am guessing was maybe inspired by Harry Potter), costume looks might only be viable during a time when everyone is already dressing up. If a Marvel event is done in the future like this one maybe, it could include Wolverine Bisharp among others.

Special Holiday/Event Units seems to always be in high demand. This would be a good way to expand on that advantage, I think.

What could be better than playing pokemon dressed as your other favorite childhood characters? Playing with pokemon also dressed like your favorites.

Thought Reaper

• 3 weeks later...