New Trade Zone
Trade Zone is now live
Use the new Trade Zone for auctions and instant-price trades so Pokemon and item offers are easy to find.
Everything posted by Lugario
-
Move Effectiveness Indicator in PvP
+1 but why limit it to PvP , you can add it then as a feature in general to help players during story, PvE content etc as well.
-
Ban Baton Pass - Boss Rework - Make Battles Fun
Hello again, after reading some of the additional replies, I think there is still some misunderstanding about the suggestion. Some of the replies are listing existing strategies that can be used to beat the current Bosses without Baton Pass. I am not saying that those strategies do not exist. However, that is not really what my suggestion is about. The suggestion is about a Boss rework. The idea is not: "Remove Baton Pass and leave the current Bosses exactly as they are." The idea is to change how Boss Battles are designed in the first place. One of the biggest things I mentioned is the current stat inflation. On Hard Mode, Boss Pokemon can have 400 EVs in every stat. That is 2400 EVs across six stats, while a normal player Pokemon is limited to 510 total EVs. So yes, there are different ways to overcome the current system. But my question is why the Boss Battles need to be designed around such extreme stat differences in the first place. Instead, I would like Bosses to have more interesting and intelligent team designs and AI, while being balanced so that they are still beatable with properly built teams. For example, one Boss could use Weather, another Trick Room, another Stall, and another could use a completely different strategy or combination of Pokemon, abilities and moves. The important part is that the player should have to understand what that Boss is trying to do and adapt to it. That is very different from simply finding the most efficient way to overcome the inflated stats. This is also why I don't think replies such as "there are other strategies besides Baton Pass" really address the suggestion. Of course there are other strategies. The question is whether the current Boss design creates the kind of gameplay that we want to keep in the long term. And regarding the question about whether I have personally tried every other Boss strategy: please don't assume something simply because I did not answer. Not receiving an answer to a question does not prove the assumption is correct or wrong. I choose to answer specific questions, depending on whether they are relevant or not and what I think about them. Regarding the argument that Bosses are mainly about making money, I understand that Bosses are an important source of weekly income for players. I am not suggesting that should disappear. But I also don't think Boss Battles should be treated only as a way of collecting money as quickly and efficiently as possible. It is still game content. We should also be able to actually enjoy playing that content. Spending a little more time on a Boss because the battle is interesting, requires some thought, and uses different strategies does not automatically mean that players will no longer have their weekly income. The rewards still exist. The gameplay around those rewards can simply become more engaging. I also agree with Divinegold that a change like this would not have to happen overnight. There is no reason to suddenly rework every Boss at once and force everyone to rebuild their teams immediately. It could be done gradually. A few Bosses could be reworked first, the system could be tested, feedback could be collected, and then more Bosses could be changed over time. The newer Pokemon added through the Spawn Reworks also give the game many more possibilities for designing different Boss teams and strategies. And looking at the long-term direction that has been discussed for PRO, where more of the mechanics/gimmicks from the original handheld games are intended to eventually be included in the game, it also makes sense to me that Boss Battles evolve alongside the rest of the game. There are many mechanics that could eventually be incorporated into Boss design to make the encounters more interesting. I think it is important to look beyond our own current teams and current income and think about the long-term health and gameplay of the game as a whole. Keeping the current system is obviously easier and more convenient for people who are already used to it. But sometimes improving a game means changing something that people have become comfortable with. I am not saying that my idea is correct or perfect. That is why a suggestion thread exists in the first place, to discuss ideas and improve them. Some people may disagree with the direction completely, and that is absolutely fine. People are allowed to have different opinions. I did not expect this suggestion to get this much attention or this many replies. Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to discuss it, whether you agree or disagree. Kind regards, Lugario
-
Ban Baton Pass - Boss Rework - Make Battles Fun
Hello everyone, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. Special thanks to Raika and H0t for staying positive and for taking the time to understand what the suggestion is actually about and explain their thoughts in depth. I appreciate everyone who took the time to explain their position and keep the discussion constructive. I don't have much to add regarding the suggestion itself, since I believe the main idea is already explained in the original post and has also been discussed by some of the people who voted +1. However, I do want to clarify a few things because I feel that some of the replies are focusing on only one part of the suggestion or misunderstanding what I meant. First, regarding the title: Ban Baton Pass - Boss Rework - Make Battles Fun The dashes are there intentionally to separate the different steps and ideas of the suggestion. When planning and organizing something, especially in a professional environment, things are normally separated into steps: Step 1: Ban Baton Pass from the current/old Boss system. Step 2: Rework the Boss system and introduce a new approach. Step 3: Make Boss Battles more fun and interesting as a result. The title is simply a short way of showing the process and the intended outcome. The most important part is obviously the final result: making Boss Battles more fun, while the first two parts describe how that could be achieved. I wanted to keep the title simple and make it immediately clear what the suggestion is about. I think that is much more appropriate than trying to explain the entire idea in the title. That is also why I don't understand some of the reactions focusing only on "Ban Baton Pass". I am not suggesting that Baton Pass should simply be removed from the current Boss system while everything else stays the same. I specifically suggested the Baton Pass ban as part of a larger Boss rework. I also want to clarify my sentence: This was apparently interpreted as me saying that I don't know what the rework should be and that the developers should come up with the idea for me. That is not what I meant. I was specifically talking about the technical implementation. I am a player, not a game developer. I don't know how PRO is programmed internally, how it's Boss system is structured, or what would be technically possible and how those mechanics could actually be implemented into the game. I can suggest the gameplay direction and what kind of experience I think would be better, but the programming and implementation are obviously something the staff team would need to determine. There is a difference between saying “I don't know how to technically implement this” and saying “I don't know what the rework should be.” I am completely fine with people disagreeing with the idea. That is the purpose of a suggestion thread. What I don't think is helpful is responding to a different version of the suggestion than the one that was actually written. This is not the first time a Boss rework has been suggested. There have been different suggestions and approaches in the past, so I don't think proposing changes to an existing system should be treated as something personal or unreasonable. Regarding players who have already invested a lot of time and Pokedollars into building Boss teams, I understand why they may be concerned about changing a system they have invested in. However, that investment was still a choice based on the current system. Players also had the option of hunting those Pokemon themselves and obtaining them as their own OT instead of buying them from other players. And even with a Boss rework, those Pokemon do not suddenly become useless. They are still Pokemon that can be used for PvP, other PvE content, future content, or simply kept as part of someone's collection. They do not disappear just because the Boss system changes. Regarding the income argument, I also understand that Bosses are an important source of Pokedollars for many players. I am not suggesting that this economic role should simply disappear. At the same time, I think it is important to separate the economic value of the current system from whether the Boss system itself could be improved. Some players may naturally be more concerned about a change because they rely on the current Boss system for income. I can understand that. However, that should not automatically mean that the system cannot be changed or improved if there is a reasonable argument that the gameplay could be better. I cannot know the personal reasons behind every -1, and I don't want to make assumptions. What I want to point out is that some of the responses in this thread have been unnecessarily hostile or personal. Disagreeing with a game suggestion is completely normal, but insults and personal attacks do not really contribute to the discussion. Finally, I am not claiming that my suggestion is perfect. I am a human, and I can make mistakes, whether they are grammatical or spelling-related, or simply because I did not phrase an idea exactly the way I had it in my head. That is normal. I always try to do some research and think about the possible consequences before making a suggestion. The purpose of a suggestion thread is to discuss ideas, improve them, and see whether something could work better for the game. Thanks again to everyone who contributed constructively. Even disagreement is useful when we can discuss the actual ideas behind it. Kind Regards, Lugario
-
Ban Baton Pass - Boss Rework - Make Battles Fun
Hello everyone, I would like to suggest a rework of the current Boss Battle system, including the Ban of Baton Pass during Boss Battles. Curenntly on Hard Mode, Boss Pokemon have 400 EVs in every stat, meaning 2400 EVs across the six stats. A normal Pokemon is limited to 510 total EVs, with 252 being the maximum for an individual stat. This makes Boss Pokemon to have a very large statistical advantage than anything a player can normally build. There is nothing wrong with making Bosses stronger than the player. The problem is when raw stat inflation becomes such an important part of the encounter, that players are pushed towards highly specialized methods simply to overcome those numbers. One of the most common examples is Baton Pass. Over time, Bossing has developed a very recognizable formula that many players use. I am not suggesting that Bosses should become easier, they should be one of the most difficult PvE Content. But that should come from unique battle design, team composition, mechanics and decision making rather than primarily from giving every Pokemon enormous statistical advantages. For example, different Bosses could use completely different strategies, like weather team, trick room, stall etc. I do not know how the technical part could work for that, that is for you to figure it out. The important part is that the player should have to adapt to the Boss, rather than bringing essentially the same team to every Boss Battle. This would make Bosses actually fun and interesting again. And for that to work, it is important that Baton Pass wil be banned from Bosses. And to balance that Bosses need to also have a rework. With the recently Spawn Reworks, and propably more to come, and so many new Pokemon introduced there are more than enough ways for players to start thinking again to figure out a new creative strategy for each battle! Accordingly, the rewards should also be reworked with new items that could be useful for other PvE or PvP Reasons and some unique Pokemon rewards that are exlusive to Bosses. Thanks in advance! Kind Regards, Lugario
-
New player - gold or silver server?
Hey there, both servers have the same content and the only difference is the playerbase. In the future, it's planned to merge them, but there's no ETA. Currently, Silver Server has more players than Gold Server. You can check this yourself if you join the official Discord PRO Server and then use the command "^up" in the channel "#bot-commands". Kind Regards, Lugario
-
Increasing playerbase
Hey there, if you have read the Dev to do list, an Auction House is included there as a low priority to be added in the future. It probably won't be any time soon since we recently got a trade rework in the forum, but nonetheless it will be added eventually.
-
Better controller support
Hey there, you deliberately move the focus on something else rather on what's important. The fact that macros already exist, does not mean it should be made easier for cheaters to automate hunting. Especially if it would be difficult to recognize them. Even tho they know the risk of getting punished when they do it, it doesn't prevent them from doing it. If anything it will increase the workload of staff members who deal with those cases. And it would probably depend a lot more on players to help report those cheaters. Binding the keys is more than enough control support, it doesn't need more. If you get exhausted hunting, maybe you should take a small break and then continue playing again later.
-
Better controller support
-1 With the way controller features have evolved over the years, this could make it easier to use turbo or macro functionality to automate hunting, which is against the rules.
-
Suggestion: Reduce the Forced Trade Waiting Period from 7 Days to 3 Days
-1 sometimes buyer or seller may not be able and do the transaction for some reason, especially during working days. Having 7 days it's secured that there is a weekend included for players to find the time to complete the trade. Otherwise when that period is like 3 days and the trade may not be able to be completed because it's too short, it wouldn't be fair to have to pay 10%/10k for the forced trade due to the small window. Also it would increase the workload of Trade Moderators by a lot but staff members are volunteering in their free time. It's the player's responsibility to try and complete the trade since they were interested in that transaction.
-
Connect auctions with the game
-1 what if the owner put the bid too late and the auction ends before the owner uploads that bid.
-
Require In-Game Screenshots for Auction Listings
- Require In-Game Screenshots for Auction Listings
+1- Player Birthdays - A Small Community Feature
+1 Nurse Joey acknowledges your birthday in the handheld games as well, so it could be added in PRO too. The way it could be done is you set once your birthday, then at your birthday you interact with her and she wishes you happy birthday, there are birthday sounds too, and in in the game chat it announces that it's your birthday. At the end of the interaction you receive a small collectable and untradeable gift, or maybe something from the coin shop available at that time.- Level Caps
I do understand that alt accounts and story services could be affected. However, people should be motivated to finish the story themselves, or alternatively, the price for story services could increase. Implementing this would also have a positive side effect. It would reduce alt accounts farming event islands without even having finished half of the story. It was intentional that I didn't mention that part initially, but overall, the benefits heavily outclass the negatives in my opinion. For me, the shortcut "PRO" refers to the fact that the game should be challening, not easy. "If you don't want your Astrella Day 1 experience ruined, then simply don't look up a guide for it, such things will always exist." yes, but the game shouldn't be designed arround making rushing the default. Astrella was just an example, since it will be the new region for those of us who have already finished all the currently available regions. But for brand new players, that initial experience starts in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. In the past, there used to be play time requirements before you could obtain specific things, though those were eventually removed. I assume the staff members who originally implemented them envisioned an environment where players would actually spend time in the game rather than rushing through everything. As I have said many times, for me, this is an actual game, and not just a battle simulator where you want to skip the story and use shortcuts or purchases to immpediately get the Pokemon or Items you want. Doing that removes the entire point of the gameplay and the grinding aspect, it takes away the hard player experience.- Level Caps
Hello everyone, I would like to suggest the addition of level caps. The idea is that people should not be using overleveled Pokemon that are not their OT to rush through the gyms and finish the story. Some players, after unlocking the 4th gym, they lend or buy level 100 Pokemon and go through the whole game in a very short time, which is sabotaging the effort staff members spend to create that content. Over the years, it has become easier and easier for new players to complete the story. Difficult requirements and grinding milestones (like the level 80 Rattata) were removed, leaving only a fraction of that original challenge (like unknown Pokemon levels in some battles). But it's supposed to be challenging, not effortless. When Astrella releases, I wouldn't want the experience ruined by Day 1 guides explaing how to rush through it, or a Day 1 Astella Story Service either. That would undermine years of hard work by the staff team and destroy the thrill of experiencing content for the first time. If some player wants to grind their OT Pokemon to level 100 it is okay, but if it is not their OT and they do not have the corresponding badge for the corresponding level range, then the Pokemon should not obey their Trainer. It is like that in the handheld games as well, and it feels like something that PRO should have always had. Players should spend some time in the game, enjoy it and expore not just skip it. It would also be a learning experience for them for the post game, which can be challenging for some people, so they could learn and get used to it. It makes the game more interesting. Kind Regards, Lugario- Suggestion: Reworking the Headbutt & Digspot Systems
+1 but about the points system is not really needed, just a rework of the Pokemon and Items you can encounter. Maybe some new places as well, so we would have to explore and find that that area had added a dig spot or headbutt. Also an exclusive battle background for headbutt and an exclusive battle background for dig spots, that doesn't appear anywhere else. And maybe the trees and dig spots could use a rework of how they look in the overworld, to be more alive and nice.- new monthly PvE content
I like the first idea about the monthly task, but not the rewards because they are too much OP and it's not needed to be shown in trainer card. But I don't like that much the second idea.- more exca sites
Hey, it wouldn't affect the grinding part at all, since new excavation sites would probably need X amount of points as requirement before players can access them. New excavation sites are wanted from the community for a long time, and probably would be added at some point. But idk if that would be in the near future since we already got an excavation rework recently.- BMS Duration shown at Reborn Bot
Hello everyone, I would like to suggest that similar to how when we use the Inspect command with Reborn Bot and it shows the duration of MS, that it would also please show if we have active BMS and how much time it is left. This would save us some time from going to check with the NPC , which is immportant since BMS lasts only 72 hours. That way we could organize and plan our hunts better as well. It would not affect players who do not have discord, since they could still check at the NPC. Thanks in advance! Kind Regards, Lugario- Built in Encounter Tracker.
I don't think this will ever be implemented because it's players responsibility to tracker their encounters and there are already many trackers out there. But yes I agree that it would be cool to have an in-game tracker encounter that would track in which map how many encounters with percentage we encountered or otherwise as well to select a Pokemon and see your encounters with that Pokemon for which map and have accurate results because probably if it will be in-game integrated it won't need ocr screen reader, and the data to be saved in your account and be able to see them on whatever device you logged in. But I don't agree with the link in chat thing.- HM fly and subway/teleportation rework.
-1- Player Card Inspection NEW UI
-1 this AI UI does not fit PRO. The only addition I would like in Player Inspect would be to have birthday there.- more exca sites
- Battle Pass System For PvPers.
-1 Battles Passes ruin a lot of games and I would not like to be added in PRO.- Mt. Summer Exterior 2 - Tree Bugs
Hello everyone, there are some Mapping Bugs at Mt. Summer Exterior 2. Arrow 1: Color transition on the tree leaves. Arrow 2: Looks like burned pixels/colors. Arrow 3: The colors there seem also pixelated and out of order. And for the tree on the left as well. Could you please have a look at it? Thanks in advance! Kind Regards, Lugario - Require In-Game Screenshots for Auction Listings
