Route 2 trader suggestion/question

Royalhotness

53vAQO9.png

This NPC in the Route 2 roadstop, still wants to trade Nidoran Male for Nidoran Female.

But, the Nidoran no longer spawn on Route 22, and the earliest opportunity to obtain one now, would be Kanto Safari, (if I'm not mistaken) and then you would have to make your way all the way back to Route 2 for this.

I would suggest changing the required (and received) Pokemon for the trade, into something that can actually be obtained within a reasonable radius. (before people forget the NPC exists)´

Suggestions:

Pidgey : Spearow

Kakuna : Metapod

And for a little bit more of a challenge, and perhaps extra incentive, *and* an extra fighting chance versus Brock:

Ledian : Poliwag/Goldeen/Krabby

5QIPapI.png

:Cool: [glow=magenta]-Royalhotness[/glow] :kiss:

Wait nidoran M/F was removed from 22?

Unless that was done recently im not sure they have been, after all they have been there in every kanto.game.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

While I have not immediately mulled over the rest of the suggestions, I've already added in an NPC-trader to trade you Bellsprout (effective next reboot), as I believe it is essential for players to have ultra-advantageous Pokemon obtainable early on for their first gyms.

The NPC is Madeline in Viridian City, who will give a level-5 Bellsprout in return for Pidgey—with a slightly unorthodox stipulation; you will need to hunt for a Pidgey with at least two 15-IV stats, specifically for Pidgey's Attack and Speed statistics. If my math is not formulaically wrong (16/32^2 * 1/6^2), the odds of capturing a Pidgey with at least two 15-IV stats with particularity to the specific stats calculate to 0.00694%—1/144, in fractional notation, so it should hopefully serve as a reasonable challenge without treading into "overkill" territory in relation to the reward.

As I've espoused the philosophy that players should not feel the need to dictate long-term decisions, such as starter-Pokemon selections, based on short-term decisions in an advantageous lineup merely for the first-few gyms, I've been meaning to facilitate pre-Brock training myself; as such, I'm hoping this nPC will take Brock out of the equation for the parameters used to select starter Pokemon in Kanto—especially due to the ubiquity of Charmander-selectors.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.