Current state of PRO and its future?

Dantexander

hey guys. im a returning player back from 2016.. i was a friend with quak who used to be staff here and left on good terms with others. but im surprised to see several things still in PRO..

on many occasions i used to follow shane twitch and discord for new game he released (good game pokemon 1) and everytime me or my guildmates asked what will happen to pro when he releases he always said Nikola (Red) will be owner and in charge and that he will deal with it then..i know shane and him created pro in 2014. i moved with them here from other game we played. but recently we saw that nothing changed and some staffs on discord told me that shane and red are owners..so i was thinking how can u guys do all those projects at same time? so what changed here? going on shane statements that nikola is always in charge i find kinda weird because nothing changed..

another problem and question i have is if u guys are strict for other games? i dont want to be banned if i talk about other poke games because i play them few..but my old guild is here.. i also paid 200coins but only got 100 yesterday si i probably need to report in details. :PikaLurk:

and from what i know what staffs always said to us is that pro dont need a new developer to work on game because a friend of mine when asked to help they told him that and that pro is not open source. so what changed here because i see new dev eaty.

and last question for forum staffs! how can i integrate my discord server to my profile here on forums? and how do I go to fix changed email i had for forums before? can u guide me? im having problems with discord account becase its not sending emails and text verification so i make new one. If u try message me on Dark Dante it wont work because i cant login for now. Thanks very much, appreciate it.:SquirtleSquad:

nothing changed

Since you left and now basically 95% of the Staffteam changed and Nikola was always in charge of everything. Shane did content/the client but anything else was up to Nikola.

Since the launch of Shane's new project we have Eaty (The new Dev) coding more things than ever, might wanna look into the updates for that.

another problem and question i have is if u guys are strict for other games? i dont want to be banned if i talk about other poke games because i play them few..but my old guild is here.. i also paid 200coins but only got 100 yesterday si i probably need to report in details. :PikaLurk:

Yeah, report that in Donation issues subforum

and from what i know what staffs always said to us is that pro dont need a new developer to work on game because a friend of mine when asked to help they told him that and that pro is not open source. so what changed here because i see new dev eaty.

I don't recall staffs ever saying PRO doesn't need a new Dev, Shane was adamant on being the only Dev at the time, people change and now we have another Dev.

• Like 1

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

- Indeed, staff was changed several times over since then. Especially the GMs and the mappers; assuming you are referring to quakkz who was a GM back then. A lot of current staff are new people from newer times. Only staff who remained from those days, even from 2014 is Shane and me. Regarding Prehax's comment about content; I did every region and areas PRO currently has, with people who I replaced several times to get stuff done. As for the scripting, the early and mid game quests and script content were done on my request and I was writing quests and stuff for our scripters. Rest is done mostly by them because people were given more freedom later on, due to their skill level and experience. We had and still have a subforum for that stuff, everything organized properly.

- Regarding your question about expressing yourself; Well, it would be bad from us if we are to forbid the freedom of speech the fundamentals of PRO allows you. However, be smart about what you say and in what manner. But judging from your behavior I see no problems or ill will coming from this.

- Regarding the coins; report issue under payment issues so I can look into once able.

- As for a new developer; I recruited Walross to do stuff and he quickly started doing things people need. He played a major role in the development of the website we currently have and is making a new one when he can, together with tools for staff members he alone did. He is currently on a quest to deliver PvP updates gradually as you can see from the logs we post often. The server code cannot be given overnight. It's a work of many years. Shane felt that he no longer can deliver stuff people need and ask him about which was a turning point in us giving the server code to someone else. So far, so good. And no, the server code is not an open source one.

- Regarding owner stuff; Me and Shane started the game together, yes. I am just a co-owner/founder. Shane told you openly hundreds of times that he will give us the client to work on it and stuff when he releases a new project. Like in many projects, the release phase is not the best one and there is some stuff to fix to stabilize the game to better serve the end user. Some weeks ago he had issues with his bandwidth being overloaded so he was not able to upload the client for us. Even when we start working on the client I do not want anything done without his consent to begin with. We discussed the transfer of power recently and there are several things to take care of before, which I don't feel like going into details about. I hope you people had enough info about the matter in question.

• Like 2

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.