Focus Sash disappearing - New thread

Zinsmiter

Playing all the games has given you opportunities to discover things like these. It doesn't give you any privileges when it comes to judging this you know.

Regarding having the same rules as the real games, i already commented on that in your quote of my post. The breeding/Fly HM section.

"Here no" as a reply doesn't really mean anything when i'm saying they are not supposed to disappear. If anything, it hints at you saying that they're not NOT supposed to disappear.

Which would be equal to saying "they are supposed to disappear" and then we're right back at you trying to decide what the game philosophy is or not is, by making a claim that contradicts the mechanics

in the real games without any form of authority or reasoning behind that allegation.

So no, "Here no" in the context of the reply is not any truth. That sentence just make it seem like you want to try to save face by being "right".

You're not really contributing to anything with your last reply, so please refrain from trying to be "right" and let it go.

I agree with your thoughts Zinsmiter.

One thing though, as much as I would like to use a Focus Sash in PvP myself, I understand if the staff chooses to make it a one time only item, using the same logic as it would be for PvE. Maybe it is easier to code than to give a 'new' usage to an item just because it is used in PvP.

What I know for sure is that the staff needs to come and clarify. Since the implement of the Ranked PvP, it is definitely an issue to have loose ends like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiUCuCRG8EBAM_6rBcD0Zxvw8g4j8qvVkEZLzja969KsR3bTnf

Focus sash, as intended will be consumed if used in PvP and PvE. Given the fact being an item that has a chance to prevent your pokemon from fainting and leaving it with one HP.

Main reason behind this being that the grinding factor itself. The item would've fulfilled its duty and be consumed like a berry or potion for that matter. Not an issue.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Wow..This is a beyond major disappointment. I'm completely baffled by this decision.

If the only way to get Focus Sash is defeating that boss every 2 weeks, Focus Sash is not existing in Ranked PvP Matchmaking.

The only time i find this useful at all in PvP would be for some tournament. Let's say one guy plays 4 matches in a tournament bracket system.

He would then have to wait 42 days (1 sash+3*14days cooldown) to be able to use his Focus Sash Pokemon Build for just this ONE tournament.

I understand that the mentality of the game is approving of grinding, but saying yes to everything grind related is thoughtless.

I want to grind those Old Ambers because there is a chance that i get a good Aerodactyl. It stands as a trophy even, if my name is on the "OT (original trainer?)" section.

But my Aerodactyl stays after i use it in battle and i can use it in all battles to come and show it to friends and foes alike.

Who wants to grind Focus Sash for ranked PvP queue system?

You can't. Period.

Fun fact: it would take 3.83 YEARS to be able to use Focus Sash in 100 player battles.. 100..

This isn't grinding. It's called *waiting* with limited game play (remember to not play more than 1 pvp match every 2 weeks!).

Can you imagine playing a game like World of Warcraft and after having defeated a boss together in a raid after weeks preparation you finally got the weapon from the boss.

And then you used it in a battle against a friend and BAM the item is broken. (no repair of course!). Go defeat the boss again so you can play 1 duel again :D

This is ridicilous. I don't even control the vocabulary to do my thoughts justice on this decision.

This decision..i don't even..

PS: I know Shane is a game developer. Who is the game designer? Shane as well?