Boss revamp discussion: Need your opinion

Leitah

- Boss requirements (playtime, not having one poke in your team, ...) : Pretty much all are fine, i will just request 1 thing if its possible, Some players come on pro just for pvp, they are rushing story for it but they cant do their movesets by their own , i suggest lower the playtime requirement to beat naero to 120/150H, eggmoves are essential to start pvp

- Difficulty (would you mind getting tougher, more challenging bosses but for the same rewards?) difficulty is fine, since they crit all the time, i would say keep doin great job by adding some new bosses, but when u say same rewards, i already have a huge problem with some, i consider this is completely absurd to get 3 oran berry with suhuzen, or all profs giving miracle seed charcoal etc, we're waiting 12days each time for each, some rewards can be changed, considering all bosses giving us trash pokés most of the time, and btw im 100% agree with namelesshero for guardians, they pretty much all the time sayin they dont have money for you, maybe not put 100% chance to get money from them, but a better chance would be cool, bosses are for some the 1st way to get some money, guardians % to get money seems to be 5% not 33

- Cooldown (would you mind getting 4-5 days cooldowns, but with a lowered amount of rewards?) I guess cooldown are fine, im one of the most active player on the game but sometimes its complicated to do them as soon as i can, especially if you guys keep adding some, maybe put back Arkos in Eterna, he seems waiting :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boss requirements : more requirements is good, soo make new player get experience 1st

Difficulty : some boss may need to rescale team

Cooldown : reduce cooldown seems good, but lowered reward is bad, bcz boss is strong enough and get some new requirements if u revamp it

Requirements: Well playtime should be change so that new players can also enjoy the boss fights and as far as bannable pokes during a boss fight goes please allow just one poke to be bannable for a boss as multiple pokes banned are so annoying.

Difficulty: Its fine tbh as bosses are tough and not so easy to beat but if you want to increase the difficulty level then increase the rewards to make it worthy.

Cooldowns: As for as cooldowns go its fine as it'll not be fun and players will get bore of the bosses if we fight them every 4 days as rewards will be less.

oof.gif.0ac9153bf24af8841b833b3ff5c8cd85.gif

Requirements: They are fine, but as same as Purple Mauth stated, having multiples pokes forbidden is cruel, some bosses like Thor use 3 teams, being the 3 of them requiring a way different team, the greninja protean that can't be one hitted + zapdos with heat wave +ttar spamming stone edge knowing all of them are lvl 120 with 6x31 stats and all evs 252 makes them very hard, if possible allowing using at least one of the walls for it will be enough (and bosses of same difficulty as well)

Difficulty: They're fine, the rewards should be updated, some bosses gives 8k, if a new player go against them, its a pain to waste 50k worth in revives and full restore and get 5k/oran berry/bidoof/starly/trapinch rewards. Although if the boss difficulty increases, allow the player to choose, and if possible to be able for the boss giving 2 cooldowns (normal rewards and hard)

Cooldown : The cooldown is fine, however if is to reduce the time, make it 1 week, as my friends call me "Boss Master" i think that 1 week is enough to do them once each day making the game more enjoyable in pve.

Aditional :

The feature of some bosses saves your win when u lose for cd is perfect (guardians for example), i must also add that some mons should have their tier reduced if the forbidden mons for bosses keep up, for example, making Flabebe/Tynamo/lilpup farmable (like t6-7) since they can substitute chansey/blissey/snorlax/klefki/clefable

• Like 9
https://tenor.com/view/anime-cute-blushing-rejected-gif-9959247

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars....THAN NERF THIS!

Requirements: like Thor not allow some pokes, i wish you should change that

Difficulty :Not all bosses are difficult now, better to make some changes on them

Cooldown: Umm..... Cooldown times for bosses are looks high, I wish surely you reduce it .... TY. ...... Have A Nice Day

Requirements As someone Who just recently finished their boss teams and have just begun the fights, It took a decent amount of time just completing hoenn and few of the bosses I cant battle still after having almost 500 hours. I think if anything Requirements would need to be reduced, But maybe something similar to Jesse James or Erika where there are restrictions for your team when battling

Difficulty Some bosses are Fun to fight and some are Cut and dry, and others Just down right annoying. Dont change. Good mixture of strengths

Cooldown

I havent done sinnoh so I dont know how bad the cooldown chase can be with all of the bosses, but I find it hard keeping up with howmany bosses and usually juggle which rewards im seeking the most. If more bosses are planned in the future I think cooldowns can stay the same. If rewards are getting better then maybe they could possibly be longer, but I dont forsee their being better rewards.

I would love to see some Exclusive mons added to boss rewards. Sort of like how Pawniard was when Pumpkin king had him as a reward only (This was a long time ago) . Maybe some newer gens in Boss rewards?

- Boss requirements (playtime, not having one poke in your team, ...): I can agree on playtime, I strongly dislike the "not have one poke in your team". On The Bright Side (For balancing if you guy do change like what I suggested), you may add requirements like lvl100 Pikachu (Boss: Jessie/James)

- Difficulty (would you mind getting tougher, more challenging bosses but for the same rewards?): No. After the last change happened last month, with bosses now with good natures and max evs, they are strong enough. And let's not forget that in pro rng is not really perfect, so they are always burning, paralizing, poisoning you. Not counting their moves never missing, and they perma-crits. They are so good enough that I even want some nerf on certain bosses~

- Cooldown (would you mind getting 4-5 days cooldowns, but with a lowered amount of rewards?): No, but I rather make certain bosses low cooldowns and certain bosses more cooldowns to make the game worth grinding

I also suggest to guaranteed $$ on all bosses but the amount you guy can tune it to make it balance. Like maybe easy bosses every reward guaranteed 30k-10k and little hard to hardest/complicated bosses every reward guaranteed 90k-40k (a lot of bosses are hard so there is that~)

1e2aec96fd7a6dd42db39dbfc78287b1e2d3e25a_hq.jpg

Boss requirements : Lower the playtime for some, it's harder for new players to attempt deafeating these bosses, I'm not saying lower them by a lot, but just tune it down a notch.

Difficulty : Stage 1 bosses sould remain the same, but stage 2 and 3 bosses should be looked into to ban specific pokemon. I feel like snorlax for example, should be banned from stage 3 bosses, but not for all stage 2 bosses.

Cooldowns : Cooldowns for harder bosses should be high as they are, since the reward is great. However, tier 1 bosses with cheap rewards or small amounts of money should have a lower cooldown in my opinion.

- Boss requirements: I think it's rather fun to bring different Pokemons to each team, so I enjoy the rules like "Don't bring any Dark type". Time requirements are a little high on some bosses, but I'd say it's fine to have any. In fact, I'd say to always have time requirements, which serves as the same time to tell the boss' difficulty. However, I'm not fond of the requirements that pretty much forces you to bring a useless Pokemon in the party.

- Difficulty: Right now, I would say the main problem of bosses is how they play. All they do is brute force through your team, and as the player, the only strategy is to cheese the fight with walls like Snorlax, or by abusing the AI with stuff like luring Earthquakes on a Levitate pokemon. This isn't really fun, and with their increased levels, that makes the vast majority of Pokemons actually unable to do anything significant against any boss.

There's two things we need. Better AI, and being able to control and reach the full potential of NPC Pokemons. We need the Boss AI to actually be able to make smart choices. Stuff like, making good use of Status moves, using the offensive move that will actually deal the best damage, switching when in trouble, and choosing the best Pokemon against the user's Pokemon after one of their pokemon fainted. And then, each Pokemon should actually have fully set EVs (I've heard that's working now), fixed abilities, and held items too.

Once all of that it's done, it will be safe to lower their level back closer to 100, and still keep the bosses a challenge. And it will really be fun, as you'll need different strategies for each bosses, many more Pokemons will be able to be useful in Boss battles, and especially, it will be possible to still do something even after a critical hit at the worst timing. Boss battles should really be a test of skills, and not a test of cheesing, after all!

- Cooldown: I'm unsure about that. On one side, a 12 days cooldown is a rather long cooldown, making bosses less interesting. On the other hand, if they had a 4-5 days cooldown, fighting the bosses would feel even more like a chore, and we definitely don't want that

I'm thinking that we might actually need a different system. Something that makes you actually fight bosses at different times, rather than all in one go. For example, a daily limit on how many bosses you can challenge. Say, we reduce their cooldown to 5 days, however everyday, you can only challenge 5 bosses. This would allow to actually target boss rewards, rather than blindly getting every single reward. At the same time, it offers a rotation where every day, you fight different bosses. And that could be used as an opportunity to create another item to temporarily increase the daily limit, if you really wanted.

Edited by Haneroze

214157603_sayumigrowlithesignature.png.4a2a82daf244704d7e1e67f4faf14065.png

- Boss requirements: are good, they dont have to be changed xD

- Difficulty: Since boss pokes are now ev trained i think they're already hard enough. ( was a mistake to do this without changing the rewards...) if you wanna change something here, just remove those changes again, it is nearly impossible to beat them without ***** tank pokes now.

- Cooldown: Rewards are already very low for most of the bosses i dont think people will even bother to beat them if they will only drop 5k and a trash poke + you would have to do it every 4 days... they will become as underused as those minibosses.

well but for myself a lower cooldown time would be a good idea because you get more pokes with higher shiny chance.

thk lucky hunt my guys 1970744500_MCw3LDIsNCw2LDQsMA.png.f61edf722256caf94d752eb95350c814.png

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif