Need help to build my rain team

Mawouel

*EDITED

Hello guys, i'm trying to build a balanced rain team but need some insight. As my move sets aren't decided yet, i will only list what i'm already sure to use.

Here is the team comp + defensive type coverage recap :

1451818384-team-rain.png

Modest Politoed with drizzle

Timid Tentacruel with Rain dish (toxic spikes/rapid spin/acid spray/...)

Jolly Electivire with Motor Drive (Earthquake/wild charge/ice punch/...)

Modest Kingdra with Swift swim

Impish Skarmory with Sturdy

Adamant Azumarill with Huge power

If you could comment the flaws/strenght of this comp and have anything to say about it feel free, it would be very helpful !

Even though lanturn absorbs electric attacks it cant really finish them off, so i recommend getting something a little more capable of taking out electric types (electivire / donphan / snorlax). Besides that you desperately need a physical attackers, or at least two because your whole team will get walled by blissey otherwise. Gyarados / azumaril do well in that regard.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

80491 Even though lanturn absorbs electric attacks it cant really finish them off, so i recommend getting something a little more capable of taking out electric types (electivire / donphan / snorlax). Besides that you desperately need a physical attackers, or at least two because your whole team will get walled by blissey otherwise. Gyarados / azumaril do well in that regard.

I was unsure about Azumarill but the more i think about it the more it makes sense. The big flaw of the comp is its huge electric weakness so i think gyarados defensive typing wouldn't help at all, and i was afraid to take a straight ground type since the core of this team consists in boosting water type moves. A motor drive electivire could fit in, giving some electric immunity and physical attacks as well.

So in terms of comp, taking out lanturn for electivire and Azumarill into the 6th spot would be the thing to do :)

What do you think about tentacruel ? Even if it fits its spinner/entry hazard setter role pretty well, isn't the team too weak against special attackers ?

80491 Even though lanturn absorbs electric attacks it cant really finish them off, so i recommend getting something a little more capable of taking out electric types (electivire / donphan / snorlax). Besides that you desperately need a physical attackers, or at least two because your whole team will get walled by blissey otherwise. Gyarados / azumaril do well in that regard.

I was unsure about Azumarill but the more i think about it the more it makes sense. The big flaw of the comp is its huge electric weakness so i think gyarados defensive typing wouldn't help at all, and i was afraid to take a straight ground type since the core of this team consists in boosting water type moves. A motor drive electivire could fit in, giving some electric immunity and physical attacks as well.

So in terms of comp, taking out lanturn for electivire and Azumarill into the 6th spot would be the thing to do :)

What do you think about tentacruel ? Even if it fits its spinner/entry hazard setter role pretty well, isn't the team too weak against special attackers ?

Get a Blastoise i'd suggest for spins (Cuz tenta can spike but you wouldn't want to waste 1 turn of rainfall for hazards) and if u want something Atk based Swiftswimmer try lookin for a Armaldo/Beartic with swiftswim.. ofc hard to find still... and a Slowbro can be a good def tank too its also water type so u can boost up his surf.

Secondly, i've seen in many battles players using Swiftswim Omastar, it has a pretty insane def and spatk too. For its set: Shellsmash op, Surf, other depends on u.

A Bold Milotic will be good too! Recover,Toxic,Surf bulky set.

8tdrGli.png

••MY GUIDES••

Bag_Macho_Brace_Sprite.png[glow=red]EV Training Hot Spots[/glow]

244.png[glow=red]How to get Legendary Dogs[/glow]

Shiny collector and Proud Member of BlaZe~

<i></i>

Secondly, i've seen in many battles players using Swiftswim Omastar, it has a pretty insane def and spatk too. For its set: Shellsmash op, Surf, other depends on u.

A Bold Milotic will be good too! Recover,Toxic,Surf bulky set.

I was mainly trying to build a "cheap" viable team, that wouldnt require too much farm/gold to build (since i'm a PRO beginner), so very rare spawns like rain dish blastoise or swift swim armaldo/beartic wouldnt be the top priority for me, but definitely to look for in the future after i'm more experienced with the game.

For tortank vs tentacruel though, tentacruel can check azumarill and grass users that are threatening this team while tortank can't (well, i don't really know, that's a supposition)

About swiftswim omastar, it looks very stong as well but i don't really know which spot it should take. Possible replacement for Kingdra ?

Last, for physical wall i thought skarmory was mandatory as this team lacks type diversity, and since i don't see any spot Milotic could take besides Skarmory's, would'nt one more straight water type be a bit overkill ?

I'm trying to not be 100% dependant on rain too as it isn't permanent anymore, and i can't see myself suicide switching politoed just for the rain refresh. I have 0 exp in playing rain team so i can't tell much, anyways thanks a lot for your replies guys !