Trade Evolution Etiquette

Bongdong

When someone asks you to help them evolve their Pokemon by trade, what is the preferred way to do it? Like, when it tries to evolve, should I say "yes" and trade it back to them? Or should I say "no" and trade it back, so it can evolve on their account?

Someone asked me to help them evolve their Haunter and I agreed. I said "yes" when it tried to evolve and then traded the Gengar back to them. Recently, I asked for help evolving my Clamperl. The person pressed "no" and traded it back, so it evolved on my account. I'm now wondering if I was in the wrong for pressing "yes" and if I should have pressed "no" on that Haunter.

I'd like to know what people prefer me to do, so I can do the right thing next time someone asks for help evolving a Pokemon by trade. Thanks

Yeah when someone wants to trade evolve their poke always let them evolve it on their side, that way they get the evolve data which is important for catching the Lati twins as you need 344 evolves.

Also I'd like to just point out another trade etiquette that the community should be aware about is trading pokemon back that were used to trade items. Even if the pokemon are garbage you should always trade them back as the person may still need them for more item trades, sometimes I have traded with people that used pokes they were gonna sell as trade fodder and I had almost released them. Unless the person sais you can just toss them always assume they need them back.

• Like 1

When someone asks you to help them evolve their Pokemon by trade, what is the preferred way to do it? Like, when it tries to evolve, should I say "yes" and trade it back to them? Or should I say "no" and trade it back, so it can evolve on their account?

Someone asked me to help them evolve their Haunter and I agreed. I said "yes" when it tried to evolve and then traded the Gengar back to them. Recently, I asked for help evolving my Clamperl. The person pressed "no" and traded it back, so it evolved on my account. I'm now wondering if I was in the wrong for pressing "yes" and if I should have pressed "no" on that Haunter.

I'd like to know what people prefer me to do, so I can do the right thing next time someone asks for help evolving a Pokemon by trade. Thanks

Hi there. Usually, it's best to allow the pokemon to evolve on the owner's side. Which means that when a pokemon is traded to you, it's best to cancel the evolution and trade it back unevolved first. This is so the Evolution data goes to the owner and not to you. This is especially good if you're trying to raise the amount of evolutions you have in your pokedex which can be useful for various quests in-game.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

• Like 1

Fluffles_Sig_Toge_Lurk_2.png

General Support PRO Reporting Punishment Policy Discipline Appeals

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be sent to the Black Forest, never to be seen again.