What gaming consoles do you have?

Danothenailer

Hello all, I'm just curious to see what kind of gaming consoles everyone has.

For me, I have a 3DS (only for pokemon xD) and a Xbox 360 and the Xbox One.

If you also have a Xbox as well, you can add me if you want, I go by the same name, DANOtheNAILER

And if I remember, I'll post my Friend code on 3DS, when I actually charge it :p

This Generation: 3DS, PS4, PSVita (if you can even count that thing as still alive)

Previous generations I have: Gamecube, Wii, PS2, PS3, GB Color, GB Advanced (SP and original), and DS (DSi and Original).

I primarily game on my PC though.

I've had every major console released in the US since the Super Nintendo, up until this generation.

The 360 and PS3 were pretty sophisticated machines capable of delivering enthusiast gaming-pc graphics on a budget. They were on par with the beefiest PC hardware at the time of their releases. The XBONE and PS4 were YEARS behind what PC gamers had been enjoying when they were released. For this new generation of consoles, achieving 60 frames per second at full 1080p is only possible while using smaller textures, dated shaders, simplified lighting and limited physics. Many games do not even have the ability to play at more than 30fps and/or 720p, something which would be unacceptable in a modern PC title, and would have been just as unacceptable years prior to the release of the 'new generation' of consoles.

As someone who remembers very well the feeling of playing the FUTURE OF GAMING on systems like the PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, XBOX, XBOX360 and the PS3... I cannot help but feel completely underwhelmed by the current generation of consoles.

/rant

I have always been and hopefully always will be a PC gamer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I own the following

PC (if it counts)

PS1

PS2

PS3

PS4

NES

SNES

N64