Very disappointed in the PvP metagame

Mawouel

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, now I can talk from experience and can confirm Stall is not at all a problem. Things like Azumarill, Celebi, swords dance scizor, taunt gengar, easily destroy stall teams. Your problem is teambuilding not the meta. When I see slowbro/skarmory/blissey I scream free win. All players from 400+ rating I've battled also were using offensive teams like sand so I don't know why you all thinking stall is so strong.

My wishlist :

- Epic Tyranitar (almost any nature)

- Epic Jolly Garchomp 31 speed

My shop:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=38654

Guest shewas15

There a ton of balanced/stall team running arround simply because it needs a way lower amount of experience/predicting abillity than playing offensiv or h.o,why would you run thoose teams when you can just send slowbro/blissey/sableye/milotic the list is long but you know them in front of every threat the guy is sending to you,click scald/t-wave/wow or toxic and do that the whole game , or playing around pure LUCK with confuse ray ?

Add the fact lum berrie is bugged ,yeah you take status dommage before cleaning it ,your atq it still halved by 50% the same turn your berrie cleans it(yo sableye u'r godlike there ,and not having team preview make ppl being particulary "safe") that migth explain a lot.

I would say on my own experience so far (i'll detail about it lower in the next paragraph) ,except few players on the whole red serveur have a decent/good level so far, i saw so few double switch or whatever predict , i'll say that w/o being arrogant half the top 25 is bad and got 0 advanced mechanics of the game and just play stall or not respecting rules ,(outrage spam with dragonite (got no problem about it getting it by it myself, but i do rage when my check got outspeeded , or ain't respecting sleep clause, yeah there some players who do both and still struggling to get more point, particullary you mestre)

Fun fact There some guy i faced with half they'r points and have definitly more knowledge than them.

So my "experience" so far , have been playing competitive pokemon since dp ,it's been a ton of time in short , participated in ton of open/spl and co(on a well known simulator) , did achieve to top 8/4 sometimes and so blabla,(also being a "top" player on 2 different Tier atm and a tiering contributor , if i can tell i have some "experience" and "knowledge" about how pokémon works so far and im ain't saying thing without having credibility) , for ppl who are asking who i am , my IGN is Shewas18 , i stopped the game long time ago (whell more ragequitted ain't going to tell the reason here) came back at start of august ,this season it took me 1week to do hoenn, build a random team with decent ivs, nothing near being epic or whatever , i dit not even care about running rs and sr either just a ton of mixed or lure set ,and hit top 25 within that time without that much of difficulty.

I might do some comment on post already existing about how making the pvpladder healthier on running few mon who destroys the actual meta .

234384 Add the fact lum berrie is bugged ,yeah you take status dommage before cleaning it ,your atq it still halved by 50% the same turn your berrie cleans it(yo sableye u'r godlike there ,and not having team preview make ppl being particulary "safe") that migth explain a lot.

If it just would be Lum-Berry. xd There are few things not working like in original games, its not game-breaking but yeah u are right stall teams are more effective than others atm. But the game is still evolving, new things gonna be added in future and pvp-meta gonna change cause of this.

And yeah smth special here is that u dont have a team preview, so u have nada idea if your starter was a good idea etc pp. Thats another reason why stall is good in PRO, so u have more opportunities to scout without getting punished to hard. U have simply no idea what u are facing and what are your best win conditions. xd

Letz say its not cool to lose 30 points cause u played highly offensive team vs guy who just got lucky af, even if he has the same skill as u. And if u beat him u just get 3 or 4 points, so u need to beat him 10 times again to get back to your old points. Thats kinda sucky tho. :P And i totally understand why ppl go stall/balanced cause of this.

Fun fact There some guy i faced with half they'r points and have definitly more knowledge than them.

Cause someone has less points doesnt mean he is playing worse than one of the top 25. Most of top 25 or top 50 or whatever have just played more games. So they invested more time into it. And im sure they are not super stupid even if they might not have the knowledge like a battler of your class since D/P as u explained very detailed, haha. :P

U cant tell me that the guy with the shadow ball flareon i faced recently makes it with this team into top 25 any soon. xd

this season it took me 1week to do hoenn, build a random team with decent ivs, nothing near being epic or whatever , i dit not even care about running rs and sr either just a ton of mixed or lure set ,and hit top 25 within that time without that much of difficulty.

Yeah and thats what im trying to explain ppl every day its not super important to have the most epic pokes to be successful in pvp. 90% of them still dont believe me. :P

I might do some comment on post already existing about how making the pvpladder healthier on running few mon who destroys the actual meta .

Sure, i would like to read that. :Heart:

metagame need choice items and more volt+turn combos... stall is very reliable because offense without choice items and no volt+turn makes it so easy to predict... also the pokemon you use are quite limited since in the offense department you only have scizor, gyara, weavile, togekiss and maybe tyranitar... It's very hard to find a worthy chimchar/riolu/dratini+marvel scale to sweep... so with limited sweepers, no choice items, no volt-turn.. yes, stall is the way to go, like in gen 2

I guess I'm late to the party as I was constantly thinking "Why not just taunt/set-up and sweep?" whilst I was reading the first few posts. Though It makes me wonder if I could get a decent Umbreon up to be the king of this "Stall War".