Very disappointed in the PvP metagame

Mawouel

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

232205 Hi, now I can talk from experience and can confirm Stall is not at all a problem. Things like Azumarill, Celebi, swords dance scizor, taunt gengar, easily destroy stall teams. Your problem is teambuilding not the meta. When I see slowbro/skarmory/blissey I scream free win. All players from 400+ rating I've battled also were using offensive teams like sand so I don't know why you all thinking stall is so strong.

It is all about team building and how it is stall/wall users have the edge at the end of the day. Just look at red server's top 2 battlers in our pvp rank, They use stall/wall teams which btw are well built. My only problem is that those that battle differently don't have as much an advantage considering the items and abilities which we dont have or don't work atm.

237234 I guess I'm late to the party as I was constantly thinking "Why not just taunt/set-up and sweep?" whilst I was reading the first few posts. Though It makes me wonder if I could get a decent Umbreon up to be the king of this "Stall War".

it's not that easy to set up and sweep :Nervous:

lucky scald, priority pokemons like talonflame, klefiki and sableye or speedy pokemon like starmie can always destroy ur setup dream

even u successfully set up, prankster with confuse ray/will-o-wisp/thunder wave/Reflect or tralonfalme with priority brave bird soon destroy u again :D

not to mention lots of entry hazards, like toxic spikes, stealth rock, Sticky web and spikes :Angry:

and after ur offensive pokemons died, u just like a delicious meal of stall team

and if u want to set up spatk sweeper, sorry, blisssey is always there waiting for u :confused:

Guest shewas15

The strongest thing about stall team right now is confuse ray . No counterplay so far against thoose sableye, you'r lucky or not , im running 5Lum on my actual team, still not enough .

I myself also hate confuse ray, never run it even w. my sableyes but always hate to go against it. Why? Not sure if I am unlucky enough to always lose the coin toss or my pkms love hitting themselves in the faces. :Nervous:

And I don't like RNG in my games.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

other than fancy and useless pvp coins, did we get anything from this update for pvp but waterfall? just in the case i missed something

edit: and the sucker punch fix i guess

The skill of a player is inversely proportional to the number of confuse ray users he runs on his team.

244090 other than fancy and useless pvp coins, did we get anything from this update for pvp but waterfall? just in the case i missed something

edit: and the sucker punch fix i guess

Not that I know off.. Still many abilities are sadly not yet implemented, I'd rather see those being implemented than getting those fancy coins.

Migrating from Blue to Red server, take a look at my shop.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=23269

I couldn't mind stall teams that use Milotic/Blissey etc., because there is "Taunt".

The thing that really bothers me in the PvP is stuff like this:

fd69984b3b15426c96b9ac061a13d65b.png

I had a max HP Scizor vs a 3/4 HP Tyranitar, the Tyranitar went for 1 Ice Fang and froze me instantly. Then I wasn't able to unfreeze and I lost that match because of that. But that's not the point, the thing is the ratios of the "secondary effects" -> like 10% freeze when hit or 10% burn, 10% para and all that are way higher than just 10% I mean come on, it happens almost every match after 1-2 hits.

The beauty of pokemon is that an unskilled player is sometimes the greatest threat to a skilled player, because they have absolutely no idea of what they're doing.

245910 I couldn't mind stall teams that use Milotic/Blissey etc., because there is "Taunt".

The thing that really bothers me in the PvP is stuff like this:

fd69984b3b15426c96b9ac061a13d65b.png

I had a max HP Scizor vs a 3/4 HP Tyranitar, the Tyranitar went for 1 Ice Fang and froze me instantly. Then I wasn't able to unfreeze and I lost that match because of that. But that's not the point, the thing is the ratios of the "secondary effects" -> like 10% freeze when hit or 10% burn, 10% para and all that are way higher than just 10% I mean come on, it happens almost every match after 1-2 hits.

Pokemon has always been luck based... Its like complaining about losing a poker game due to bad hand. PRO just uses the same rate as official pokemon. (or at least should, because I don't know about confusion). Also if the opponent used Crunch instead of going for the freeze chance, that wouldn't have happened, so he just put the odds in his favor.

My wishlist :

- Epic Tyranitar (almost any nature)

- Epic Jolly Garchomp 31 speed

My shop:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=38654