Are one type teams worth it?

Highroller23

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this topic but, I guess it can be taken into consideration since it could become a debate?

I've always wondered if this could be possible to somehow work. If there's a feature I like about pokemon is certainly gym leaders and this idea is of course inspired by "them" (gym leaders) - Therefore I thought I'd form a water type team as I am a big fan of how water types work/look, can't be the only one passionate about a certain type, right?

Thought I'd ask your opinions since I'm not really a "professional" player, just a fan of the game/series.

Well, it's a pretty simple matter - Are one type teams worth for PVE and PVP? (Water type teams, Fire type teams, etc...)

What's your opinion?

Monotype teams exist in competitive play, they're really fun to play around. All pokémon must share one type, the other one can be any type. I think it's a fun way to play your favourite pokémon types or strategies while forcing yourself into harder situations (Imagine yourself playing with a fighting team against a ghost team) and try to overcome another team that might just sweep you 6-0 because your type does not favour it.

I love playing sand teams with only Rock, Steel and Ground types for fun, in PVE and PVP, since some really easily sweep certain bosses as if they were nothing. (Rain teams vs Brock, for example). I think they are worth trying out for fun in PVP, but in the long run people in PRO will know you only use monotype teams and if they find you in ranked they might know what you'll go for the 100% of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!