perish song mechanics due to turn count (and others, tons of bugs galore)

Dotarice

hello! i am posting this for the sake of a friend of mine. they're too nervous to post here so i want to try to do it for them.

you see, my friend (derwins) discovered a ton of bugs and npc typos in the game overall (most not related to this thread) but this one takes the cake. he does not pvp yet because of it - since he loves using certain pokemon and certain sets - and this along with others he seen in the pvp rules is preventing him from doing so.

[spoiler=perish song + turn count]the move perish song works as intended. but because of how turns pass when your pokemon faints and you switch to another (that takes an entire turn to do), it would take two actual turns (apart from how it's in this game) for the opponent to faint from the said move. for example, if the user uses perish song before it faints to the opponent, switching to another pokemon will have the song count to 2 instead of 3. then, if that user's pokemon faints, switching to another pokemon will make the song count to 0 instead of 2.

also (as of yet) it along with destiny bond still doesn't fully faint pokemon that's holding focus sash and/or has the sturdy ability.

along with this move, this also affects the moves wish (if user uses this move first before fainting, the upcoming pokemon gets healed immediately), future sight, reflect / light screen, and the like that requires preparing.

edit 3/5/19: please also add the part where the perish song turn count is shown after the end of a turn. that's supposed to be in the game.

[spoiler=endeavor (eg.) vs. abilities]even though the move endeavor works "as intended" when the user's hp is lower than the opponent's, the move still works if the user's hp is higher than the opponent. because of this, certain abilities like static and flame body still trigger despite the move "failing".

edit 1/12/19: to make this worse, using an attack like water pulse vs. a pokemon with water absorb still confuses the target even though it recovers their hp.

[spoiler=prankster vs. dark-types]we checked in advance if anyone else reported this. the ability prankster still affects dark-type pokemon when it shouldn't.

[spoiler=chesto berry (maybe others?)]certain held items, like chesto berry, only works if the pokemon that is holding it will use a move in the turn. if the opposing uses sleep powder (for example) after the user's move, the item will be consumed on the next turn.

edit 2/14/19: this spreads across abilities limber, vital spirit, and the like. this is actually ruining some players' experiences in pvp.

[spoiler=togepi and tri attack]togepi and its evolutions cannot learn tri attack. why is this? it can learn the said move ever since the gcn game gale of darkness.

[spoiler=rotom's exp rate...?]my friend derwins was training their guildmate's rotom during a zombie lag outbreak. he lagged out while battling a pokemon and was attempting to use a leppa berry vs. a sandslash. they tried defeating another pokemon using the same rotom and it leveled up from 33 to 97 in an instant. he doesn't know if this is because he tried using an item while it was lagging and relogged making it glitched or something. but it also might be because of rotom's exp rate being glitched or something. please check this.

edit 2/14/19: this might be affecting trading as a whole. he will keep testing it.

[spoiler=random traders]with all due respect, please add a function where you can disable trade invites. my friend derwins always gets bombarded with people who trade invite him for no reason and he really doesn't want to report every single player (for blatant harassment) who does this unless it really has to go down to it.

[spoiler=explosion vs. dig]this move should be marked bugged and bannable. using explosion (and possibly self-destruct, memento, etc.) vs. a digging / flying / bouncing pokemon will fail and will not make the pokemon faint after using said exploding move.

[spoiler=multi-hitting moves (double-slap, etc.)]the problem about multi-hitting moves, like double-slap, tail slap, and fury attack is that it's supposed to trigger abilities like weak armor and rough skin upon every hit. this is normal in the real game. on this game, all hits go through before the ability activates.

take rough skin as a definite example. if the multi-hitting attacker is at 4% hp and it uses fury attack, all hits will go through. it's supposed to faint after one hit of fury attack.

in addition, these said multi-hitting attacks is impossible to hit the opponent 5 times. i have tried many times to see if i can hit the opponent in that amount and it has never happened.

lastly, if the attack results in a critical hit, all of those hits will be a critical instead of one single hit.

please mark rough skin, iron barbs, and rocky helmet bugged and bannable for pvp until this is fixed!

edit 3/1/19: this also affects certain abilities like static and flame body - continuing from the endeavor tab - that rely solely on multi hitting attacks like these. the attack only gives it the 30% chance of triggering (even after hitting more than twice) when the chance supposed to re-roll after every hit.

[spoiler=poke-balls on trainer's pokemon]you lose your pokeball upon throwing it vs. a trainer's pokemon. on this game, you do not lose it. you also do not lose it if you attempt to throw it on the wild pokemon digging or flying, etc.

[spoiler=subway npcs]turns out that using the kanto subway to go to different towns holds the chance of your account getting permanently stuck until it crashes. as of today, on march 5th, he's now stuck and is unable to contact anyone to try to get him to disconnect.

[spoiler=badly poisoned status off battle]normally, after a battle, badly poisoned status turns to regular poisoned. but this does not apply to this game - which means, after a good amount of wild pokemon (assume training a rattata / taillow with guts), the toxic poison racks up despite them fainting other wild pokemon in advance (which goes back to the perish song turn count) and they end up losing more than 50% after an actual turn.

[spoiler=ghost-type curse]this move is supposed to subtract 50% of the user's maximum hp. instead, when used, it subtracts the user's current hp in half. also, you can use curse consecutively on the same pokemon and it will work. normally it's supposed to fail after the first curse.

[spoiler=hyper beam]despite what hyper beam can do, the move still forces the user to lose a turn when it hits a ghost-type (and after when said ghost-type pokemon is not affected by it). which means most moves like blast burn - if it hits a pokemon with flash fire - will also lose a turn. which goes back to the reported the endeavor bug; which still hasn't been fixed...

normally these attacks can allow the user to use another attack if it's stopped by ghost-type pokemon and/or said abilities.

[spoiler=choice items vs. immobilization]when a pokemon holding a choice item (as soon as it is sent out to battle) loses a turn because of paralyze, for example, the move chosen is locked. normally this is not supposed to happen.

[spoiler=route 217]unknown.png

[spoiler=un-updated party interface after item consumption]so it turns out, after using an item in battle, the party doesn't completely update. when you use an item on a pokemon in which the user will faint on the same turn, and the pokemon faints, you can still use items for one more turn even after the pokemon faints and you decide not to switch yet.

[spoiler=uncontrollable moves (e.g. outrage)]these attacks last for up to four turns. it's supposed to last up to three turns.

[spoiler=choice items overall]normally, when you attempt to use another attack while the user is holding a choice item, it will prevent you from using that move. on this game, it forces you to lose a turn which is not supposed to happen.

also, you can do this:

unknown.png

which that, itself is incorrect knowing that pokemon do not "die" after fainting in battle; unless for nuzlocke reasons.

[spoiler=mirror coat vs. future sight]when using future sight, it would attack the opponent after a few turns. using mirror coat on an opponent using future sight will work when it shouldn't at all.

[spoiler=walking with all fainted pokemon]because explosion, or any self-harming move that isn't life orb, forces the user that uses the move to lose the battle - if it's their last pokemon, it makes you win the battle instead of blacking out properly. this happens on npc trainers.

after this happens, you get to walk around with no active pokemon that can battle.

[spoiler=mirror coat vs. dragon rage]using mirror coat on a pokemon that uses dragon rage (or sonic-boom) will deal 20 damage instead of 80 (10 for sonic-boom).

we hope, with all dear respect, that it gets fixed as soon as possible. i also request this thread to not close because he will most likely find more and we want to keep track with what's discovered and/or was fixed.

thank you in advance!

updated in june 23rd, 2019... so far, after a half year from making this post (and even including the latest "major" update), nothing derwins reported was fixed.

Edited by dotarice

• 6 months later...

Greetings, @dotarice

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I would like inform you the Developers are reworking the Battle-PVP code from scratch right now, this is not an easy work so it can take a little. They are working in a new code because it is not possible anymore to work on the currently code. This means the mostly of the currently bugs will be fixed with this new PVP update, but for that our Developers will need be fully concentrate on the rework. If you would like be informed in the latest upcoming/new updates i would like suggest you join in our DISCORD SERVER there you can find a channel called #announcements where you can check the upcoming information or events.

However, there is no ETA when this PvP update will come. If you would like further information about this i would like suggest you have a look this THREAD.

Please, do not hesitate in ask if you have more doubts, i will be glad to help you. Have a great day.

Nezuko

Nezuko.png

i appreciate the reply @Nezuko !

but i am only here to pass this message on the forums. please give all credit to my friend derwins. he has been very interested in trying to help fix major misspelling (npcs) in the game. he noticed quite a lot while playing which, as quote, makes him wonder "if any of the administration are american-english or british-english at all".

i will pass your message to derwins now. i am sure he will also appreciate you replying as well.

dotarice