Scatterbug / Vivillon ability Bug, FIX PLEASE!

Benikisaki

Dear staff,

I want to report a very annoying scripting error, which I sadly had to notice was reported several times already during the past years and it also should have been fixed already according to what was stated in this thread by somebody of the staff: Click here for evidence

As you may see from the linked post, Scatterbug is still missing its second ability, so if a Scatterbug has Compound Eyes as an ability, when it evolves to Vivillon it can change to Shield Dust. This is a very annoying error, because hunting and training takes money and time, and having this bad surprise after evolving makes one really angry. And the fact that it should have been fixed already makes one even more frustrated. Furthermore, I'm not new to scripting and programming, and I think I could allow myself to say that fixing this would not be much work as it probably involves just changing one variable or one value of an instance of the Pokemon.

At this point, other then asking you just to please fix this once and for all as it makes a lot of players not enjoying the game, I would please ask you also if it's possibile to change the abilities of the Pokémon shown by the following screenshots to Compound Eyes, as they were caught and evolved after it was stated that the problem should have been fixed already.

Attachment: CLICK HERE PLEASE!

Waiting for response, thanks for your help.

- Benikisaki

1828792400_Screenshot2019-01-18at12_09_19.png.1faa9ba2d6a94aca1bf029e0632f3a4c.png

• Like 2

Dear staff,

I want to report a very annoying scripting error, which I sadly had to notice was reported several times already during the past years and it also should have been fixed already according to what was stated in this thread by somebody of the staff: Click here for evidence

As you may see from the linked post, Scatterbug is still missing its second ability, so if a Scatterbug has Compound Eyes as an ability, when it evolves to Vivillon it can change to Shield Dust. This is a very annoying error, because hunting and training takes money and time, and having this bad surprise after evolving makes one really angry. And the fact that it should have been fixed already makes one even more frustrated. Furthermore, I'm not new to scripting and programming, and I think I could allow myself to say that fixing this would not be much work as it probably involves just changing one variable or one value of an instance of the Pokemon.

At this point, other then asking you just to please fix this once and for all as it makes a lot of players not enjoying the game, I would please ask you also if it's possibile to change the abilities of the Pokémon shown by the following screenshots to Compound Eyes, as they were caught and evolved after it was stated that the problem should have been fixed already.

Attachment: CLICK HERE PLEASE!

Waiting for response, thanks for your help.

- Benikisaki

Hey,

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for this report.

I wasn't able to reconstruct this bug. I evolved 12 Scatterbugs and all had the intended ability. Did this bug happened to you lately? Because it seems it just works fine for me. If possible, can you provide any evidence?

Regards Xylos

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

General Support|Ban Appeals|Bug Resolution

Hey,

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for this report.

I wasn't able to reconstruct this bug. I evolved 12 Scatterbugs and all had the intended ability. Did this bug happened to you lately? Because it seems it just works fine for me. If possible, can you provide any evidence?

Regards Xylos

Hi Xylos, thanks for your reply.

May I ask if all those Scatterbugs had the ability Compund Eyes?

You may have just been very lucky, because if I have understood it correctly the error which afflicts Scatterbug, is that it should have 2 distinct abilities (Shiled Dust and Compound Eyes), but has in fact only Compound Eyes. As explained by the older thread I quoted, upon evolution it may happen that the ability becomes Shiled Dust (as Vivillon) with a 50% chance, depending on the actual ability that the corresponding Scatterbug should have had (but visually it showed as Compund Eyes). As also stated in that same thread by a former staff member, this should have been fixed already. This is why I hunted and got traded several Scatterbugs after checking if they had the right ability and then evolved them, but as shown by the evidence their ability still turned into Shiled Dust. That's why I'm kindly asking if the ability of the three Pokèmon shown by the evidence can be changed to what it should be.

I already posted the Imgur link in the first post, but I will post the evidence here one more time. As you can confirm by the ID, the poke shown is the same (even if one of them was caught long time ago, I evolved them recently).

Scatterbug 1: Click.

Evolved 1: Click.

Scatterbug 2: Click.

Evolved 2: Click.

Scatterbug 3: Click.

Evolved 3: Click.

Waiting for new, thanks again.

Hi Xylos, thanks for your reply.

May I ask if all those Scatterbugs had the ability Compund Eyes?

You may have just been very lucky, because if I have understood it correctly the error which afflicts Scatterbug, is that it should have 2 distinct abilities (Shiled Dust and Compound Eyes), but has in fact only Compound Eyes. As explained by the older thread I quoted, upon evolution it may happen that the ability becomes Shiled Dust (as Vivillon) with a 50% chance, depending on the actual ability that the corresponding Scatterbug should have had (but visually it showed as Compund Eyes). As also stated in that same thread by a former staff member, this should have been fixed already. This is why I hunted and got traded several Scatterbugs after checking if they had the right ability and then evolved them, but as shown by the evidence their ability still turned into Shiled Dust. That's why I'm kindly asking if the ability of the three Pokèmon shown by the evidence can be changed to what it should be.

I already posted the Imgur link in the first post, but I will post the evidence here one more time. As you can confirm by the ID, the poke shown is the same (even if one of them was caught long time ago, I evolved them recently).

Scatterbug 1: Click.

Evolved 1: Click.

Scatterbug 2: Click.

Evolved 2: Click.

Scatterbug 3: Click.

Evolved 3: Click.

Waiting for new, thanks again.

Ah, thank you for the reply and explanation!

Now I fully understand the issue. Since you have some evidence, I will forward the problem. I can't tell you when exactly it will be fixed since it is more a minor bug and staff has much to do at the moment, but I will keep you up to date for any news.

Regards Xylos

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

Ah, thank you for the reply and explanation!

Now I fully understand the issue. Since you have some evidence, I will forward the problem. I can't tell you when exactly it will be fixed since it is more a minor bug and staff has much to do at the moment, but I will keep you up to date for any news.

Regards Xylos

Thank you, I will watch out for further notice because I was hunting that poke and I most likely have to stop now, so it would be great to get to know when I can continue.

Cheers

Thank you, I will watch out for further notice because I was hunting that poke and I most likely have to stop now, so it would be great to get to know when I can continue.

Cheers

Update here.

Bug should be fixed with the next client update. :)

Regards Xylos

• Like 1

Update here.

Bug should be fixed with the next client update. :)

Regards Xylos

I'm glad to hear that.

Is there any chance the abilities of the shown Pokes (which due to this bug caused a great disappointment given the IVs as you may imagine) will be changed to Compound Eyes?

I'm glad to hear that.

Is there any chance the abilities of the shown Pokes (which due to this bug caused a great disappointment given the IVs as you may imagine) will be changed to Compound Eyes?

Unfortunately not as they originally never really had the Compound Eyes ability. :/