The worst bug i have ever come across, interaction between knock off and life orb...

Coup

I want to start by saying I have no proof of this because I was so shocked first of all and second it was a two turn process so I had no way of knowing this would happen...

So this is a battle where my last pokemon alive is a full hp Greninja with life orb, and my opponents last poke is a full hp Weavile with a choice band, The opponent's Weavile is locked into knock off as a result he uses knock off on my greninja, my gren survives the hit with about 10% hp or a bit less but gets its life orb knocked off, my greninja then proceeds to hit the weavile with low kick one shotting it, AND THEN OUT OF NOWHERE I TAKE RECOIL DAMAGE FROM LIFE ORB, like what ?! it even showcased the message below, as a result my gren died, and even though I killed the weavile first before taking this recoil damage from an imaginary life orb I lose the game...

I don't even know how this is possible but please do some testing because this is the most ridiculous bug I have ever come across... If possile i'd like my win points rather than a loss.

Coup,

EDIT: I just remembered I wasn't at 100% with my Gren i was at 90% as i used it to kill something on a previous turn so life orb damage ticked once

Edited by Coup
  • Like 2

I want to start by saying I have no proof of this because I was so shocked first of all and second it was a two turn process so I had no way of knowing this would happen...

So this is a battle where my last pokemon alive is a full hp Greninja with life orb, and my opponents last poke is a full hp Weavile with a choice band, The opponent's Weavile is locked into knock off as a result he uses knock off on my greninja, my gren survives the hit with about 10% hp or a bit less but gets its life orb knocked off, my greninja then proceeds to hit the weavile with low kick one shotting it, AND THEN OUT OF NOWHERE I TAKE RECOIL DAMAGE FROM LIFE ORB, like what ?! it even showcased the message below, as a result my gren died, and even though I killed the weavile first before taking this recoil damage from an imaginary life orb I lose the game...

I don't even know how this is possible but please do some testing because this is the most ridiculous bug I have ever come across... If possile i'd like my win points rather than a loss.

Coup,

EDIT: I just remembered I wasn't at 100% with my Gren i was at 90% as i used it to kill something on a previous turn so life orb damage ticked once

Greetings, Coup.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. After numerous tries of replicating the bug you thoroughly explained in your post, there was no such outcome. When Knock off was used, it would remove the held item of the opposing Pokemon in all cases. I understand that you could not provide video evidence to support your report and show us what really happened, but we cannot do anything about it. Keep in mind that the game is still in BETA version, although Knock off should really work as intended.

I would appreciate it if you can reproduce it somehow and send video evidence of the issue, so that I can forward this to the appropriate parties and eventually solve the issue. Once again, sorry about what happened. Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this topic. Have a good day!

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate sub-forum to eventually help others with the same issue.

Unsolicited messages will be vanished.

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't able to replicate the bug either even though I tried numerous times with different people, what can I say except maybe it was a 1 time bug, or a bug with a very low chance of happening, i'll keep my eyes peeled next time a situation like this comes up again and hopefully catch the evidence needed.

Coup,

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't able to replicate the bug either even though I tried numerous times with different people, what can I say except maybe it was a 1 time bug, or a bug with a very low chance of happening, i'll keep my eyes peeled next time a situation like this comes up again and hopefully catch the evidence needed.

Coup,

Hello once again, Coup.

Since there is not anything else that can be done for this issue, I will be now locking this thread. Should that bug occur again, report it with evidence, as it's valuable for Staff members to track down the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience once again. Have a great day!

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate sub-forum to eventually help others with the same issue.

Unsolicited messages will be vanished.