Manaphy in ranked PVP

Baganha

More than manaphy thats the rain problem which come again , regarding usage rain is omnipresent in meta and focus a lot teambuilding (with manaphy rest glow even more)

banning damp rock/drizzle would be a good alternative = less mana abuse and more teambuilding which is main problem of pro pvp atm

• Like 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than manaphy thats the rain problem which come again , regarding usage rain is omnipresent in meta and focus a lot teambuilding (with manaphy rest glow even more)

banning damp rock/drizzle would be a good alternative = less mana abuse and more teambuilding which is main problem of pro pvp atm

Ive already explained the rain issue before so if you havent read this thread i recommend checking out pages 3 to 5 to get a full comprehension as to why rain isnt the problem here, a tl;dr version is simply that rain just doesnt have the requirements to be effective at every matchup, not without manaphy, its usage is quite abundant that is true however, that doesnt signify its viability, i reckon most of its usage simply comes to the easy learning of playing rain, fast games and even the accessibility of these pokemon being quite good such as pelipper and kingdra. Banning manaphy however would mean that rain's main wallbreaking/stallbreaking power would be gone, making it an easier matchup for bulkier archtypes like stall or fat balances, evening out the playing field a bit. It would also be much less of a mess than banning an entire playstyle.

other option than banning rain is banning surf hydropump and scald have a nice day

That is completely nonsensical, youre basically just hindering any pokemon that takes advantage of those moves even outside of rain, which are a lot mind you, tentacruel, starmie, quagsire, mantine, slowbro/king and so on. Even on the hypothetical scenario where rain could be considered broken and ban-worthy, banning the entire playstyle would leave the meta much less limiting than getting rid of those specific moves.

Also i would appreciate if there were no bump posts in this thread, i understand you want to keep this discussion relevant or catch the eyes of other people, but please do it in a meaningfull way where more can be talked about and not just a filler post, thank you.

• Like 1

have you consider the hypothetical scenario of me joking and being perfectly aware that rain/manaphy is damn busted and should be banned? prolly conk also btw

Ive already explained the rain issue before so if you havent read this thread i recommend checking out pages 3 to 5 to get a full comprehension as to why rain isnt the problem here, a tl;dr version is simply that rain just doesnt have the requirements to be effective at every matchup, not without manaphy, its usage is quite abundant that is true however, that doesnt signify its viability, i reckon most of its usage simply comes to the easy learning of playing rain, fast games and even the accessibility of these pokemon being quite good such as pelipper and kingdra. Banning manaphy however would mean that rain's main wallbreaking/stallbreaking power would be gone, making it an easier matchup for bulkier archtypes like stall or fat balances, evening out the playing field a bit. It would also be much less of a mess than banning an entire playstyle.

That is completely nonsensical, youre basically just hindering any pokemon that takes advantage of those moves even outside of rain, which are a lot mind you, tentacruel, starmie, quagsire, mantine, slowbro/king and so on. Even on the hypothetical scenario where rain could be considered broken and ban-worthy, banning the entire playstyle would leave the meta much less limiting than getting rid of those specific moves.

Also i would appreciate if there were no bump posts in this thread, i understand you want to keep this discussion relevant or catch the eyes of other people, but please do it in a meaningfull way where more can be talked about and not just a filler post, thank you.

GengarLv100.png

I recommend manaphy to be ban in pvp. Too strong and too bulky you need sash pokemon to beat it especially when it is included in rain team. You need 2 or 3 pokes to sacrifice to beat it. And c'mon guys it is over use now and also abused in rain please ban it

Manaphy is not a problem, the problem is RAIN, just ban "Damp Rock" and you are going to see manaphy being less used.

I don't really care if someone agrees or disagrees with me, i just said the truth, take it and don't make excuses.

image.png.f987891793a787f38288ae564a7c5d82.png

... meanwhile, Rain continues to have a 5% / 95% matchup into prepared stall...

a 25% / 75% matchup into Baton Pass...

a 35% / 65% matchup into prepared balance...

just because you see something all the time doesn't make it good

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

manaphy is not as fast as long as you can outrun it you can kill. but prepare facing a light screen and reflect support along with the manaphy , I remember ikonos and odanobun4ga. having this kind of playstyle.

06ebaf0115ff8a63880daaa73f70824c-full.png

Hello! guys do not forget to follow me, or if there are questions/help that you would like to ask,feel free to send a message.

Visit: Shop

Manaphy is incredibly strong and destroys stall you are right. But it is not impossible to beat. Manaphy is no godly fast. Fast physical and spatker can weaken manaphy into manageable. Also, manaphy needs health preservation. Sadly the teams manaphy beat are mainly defensive. Banded weavile, gengar, alakazam and other come in a shred manaphy if it is speed and spatk invested. There is also unaware clefable and combined with chansey can out stall it. Another option is haze milotic, or roar/whirlwind. Finally klefki can be used to seriously hinder its performance. Checks are out there, you just arent using the right ones. A check in not always defensive, sometimes you much look at revenge killers

Untitled.png