Serious Problem

Rogueplatelite

Since the opening of the free safari's I have been farming a hidden ability chimchar. Upon finding my very first one Ii was quickly disconnected mid battle this morning. Since then, I have found over 150 chimchars and none are hidden ability! There must be something weird going on because every other poke I find can easily have their hidden ability. I am also using a black medallion. I have slaved away an entire day trying to find a simple chimchar and I am seriously getting frustrated that this is the only poke whom I cannot find a hidden ability for. Please look into this.

• Administrator
Since the opening of the free safari's I have been farming a hidden ability chimchar. Upon finding my very first one Ii was quickly disconnected mid battle this morning. Since then, I have found over 150 chimchars and none are hidden ability! There must be something weird going on because every other poke I find can easily have their hidden ability. I am also using a black medallion. I have slaved away an entire day trying to find a simple chimchar and I am seriously getting frustrated that this is the only poke whom I cannot find a hidden ability for. Please look into this.

Hi @RogueplatElite

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I would like to inform you that there is not any bug related to the encounter of Pokémon with hidden abilities, but that you're just being unlucky.

Unfortunately, as you well know, the chances to encounter a Pokémon having its hidden ability as ability is 5% and it can be raised to 25% with the black medallion. That means that you may encounter a Pokémon with its hidden ability as ability after 40 Pokémon or instead find 5 hidden abilities one in a row.

I'm sorry about that, let me know if something is unclear and if you have any further questions.

Have a wonderful day!

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

you dont think that a disconnect can affect that aspect of the game though? I understand that I am not going to come in contact with hidden ability pokes nearly every encounter but for that many chimchars to appear and not a single one be hidden ability as opposed to every other poke being hidden ability just seems weird to me. nonetheless I appreciate the respone

• Administrator
you dont think that a disconnect can affect that aspect of the game though? I understand that I am not going to come in contact with hidden ability pokes nearly every encounter but for that many chimchars to appear and not a single one be hidden ability as opposed to every other poke being hidden ability just seems weird to me. nonetheless I appreciate the respone

Hi @RogueplatElite

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I would like to inform you that there is nothing that can cause such an issue, but you're just being unlucky.

As said above, if you are unlucky you can even encounter 40 non-hidden abilities one as that is mainly based on your luck.

However, as i cannot offer further support in this specific case since that's not any kind of bug, i will now close the thread.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a wonderful day!

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others