Rule for PVP

Belzebel

I would like to suggest a rule to avoid people from stalling turns on purpose. For example, if I have one pokemon left while my opponent has 6, why would he calm mind his Clefable 6 times to kill my Gastrodon who could have died in 1 turn with a moonblast? Btw, my Gastrodon had been tricket with Choice Specs and it was stuck with earthquake. Some people are wasting 12 turns to calm mind and softboil to kill ONE pokemon just to stall you out when they could have won the battle in 1 turn. This is boring, annoying and frustrating. I closed the game after a match like that because that made me feel like PRO is not fun anymore. Unfortunately I wasn't recording the battle but from now on I will record everything. I would like to send evidences of people doing that if this rule is approved. It wasn't the first time and I'm tired of matches like that. I hope you staff understand how frustrating it is for players who just wanna end the game and move on to the next one. I was going to play more after that battle, but what he did exhausted me and I just closed the game. Im sure you know some people who stopped playing the game because of similar situations.

Edited by Belzebel
  • Like 10
sign2.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but still it pokemon for you, you could go anywhere including pokemon showdown and you would find players like that, but it up to the staffs to implicate that as a rule, stalling is still part of pvp and that we as pvp players gotta deal with

If PRO wanted to copy other games, they could just ctrl C and V the whole thing instead of having artists and scripters to create original content. Same goes for rules in PVP. PRO and showdown are completely different games. Also, PRO is a small community, is easier to control/moderate. However, you said I would find players like that in showdown or any other game? I haven't found. Only in PRO.

If you have the power to make the game better, why not just use it? Why you have to rely on a cheap version of what's already there?

Edited by Belzebel
sign2.png

I dont like the exemple.

Gastrodon can be sassy and then, i would also put a couple of calm mind in order to be to one shot it.

Some players will recover with gastrodon, even if they're loosing.

But indeed, i agree that it happens that sometimes we find an annoying opponent in PVP.

Such as people who uses Recover even if they already have lost (1 VS 4-5-6, or simply lost to a specific Pokemon).

But I dont know if we need a specific rule for that.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

Still if it happens, I would like the Staff members to have a VERY good judgment on report.

Difference between a new PVP player and a time/turn staller can be tiny in some case.

Good luck with your thread.

Madtrainer_Jolteon.gif.207f7bcf3067bf69eb5205ea0bc33f66.gif

I dont like the exemple.

Gastrodon can be sassy and then, i would also put a couple of calm mind in order to be to one shot it.

Some players will recover with gastrodon, even if they're loosing.

But indeed, i agree that it happens that sometimes we find an annoying opponent in PVP.

Such as people who uses Recover even if they already have lost (1 VS 4-5-6, or simply lost to a specific Pokemon).

But I dont know if we need a specific rule for that.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

Still if it happens, I would like the Staff members to have a VERY good judgment on report.

Difference between a new PVP player and a time/turn staller can be tiny in some case.

Good luck with your thread.

Well, he used trick on my gastrodon so I had choice specs locked on earthquake. There was no point for him to calm mind 6 times to kill my gastrodon. As I said, 12 turns to kill a Gastrodon who could have died in one turn is time stalling.

Also, you don't need to have a big brain to judge properly whats time stalling or not. You only set up with a pokemon if you wanna sweep with it alone to kill 2 or more pokemon. When you can win the game against someone that has only one pokemon remaining you don't need to set up. I would understand if it was one calm mind and one moonblast. But 6? Come on...

• Like 1
sign2.png

We are discussing your suggestion, our leader will let you know the final decision soon, thanks for your patience.

• Like 2

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will purified.

if this was made a rule it would make absolutely no sense, being honest right here. i have found alot of people who do that just to tilt me but tbh i could careless cause i beat them even tho they do that, all i am trying to say is that, that pvp for you and yes belz i have played with a player like that on a showdown tour

• Like 1
SPOILER_viktor_2.jpg