Move Relearner takes money but doesn't give move

Tylerchu

Hi there. In training my team, I opted not to evolve them until later. I'm not sure if this caused issues, because my Quilava was never given the opportunity to learn Flamethrower, and it's now lvl 57 without it. My Mareep, similarly, never got to learn Thunder, and it's level 64 (just now a Flaaffy).

I went to the Move Relearner in Goldenrod City to fix these issues, and attempted to learn Flamethrower, Thunder, and Confusion (for my Butterfree, to test the issue) multiple times, to no avail. After trying Flamethrower about 5 times, Thunder twice, and Confusion twice, I realized the Move Relearned had been taking my money, 2k at a time, but was never giving me the move. Basically, he'd ask for the 2k, tell me to select a Pokemon, then tell me to select a move. After clicking "Buy" on the move, the conversation would end, he'd take my money, and I'd never be given the option to actually teach my Pokemon that move by replacing another one; that screen just doesn't come up.

Is there a solution to this? I've tried relogging, and that doesn't work. I also don't want to keep testing this, since he keeps taking my money. I also don't want to try evolving my 'mons to see if that works, since I still want them to stay as they are for the moment. Also, would I be able to be reimbursed the ~15k or so I lost trying to make this work?

Hi there. In training my team, I opted not to evolve them until later. I'm not sure if this caused issues, because my Quilava was never given the opportunity to learn Flamethrower, and it's now lvl 57 without it. My Mareep, similarly, never got to learn Thunder, and it's level 64 (just now a Flaaffy).

I went to the Move Relearner in Goldenrod City to fix these issues, and attempted to learn Flamethrower, Thunder, and Confusion (for my Butterfree, to test the issue) multiple times, to no avail. After trying Flamethrower about 5 times, Thunder twice, and Confusion twice, I realized the Move Relearned had been taking my money, 2k at a time, but was never giving me the move. Basically, he'd ask for the 2k, tell me to select a Pokemon, then tell me to select a move. After clicking "Buy" on the move, the conversation would end, he'd take my money, and I'd never be given the option to actually teach my Pokemon that move by replacing another one; that screen just doesn't come up.

Is there a solution to this? I've tried relogging, and that doesn't work. I also don't want to keep testing this, since he keeps taking my money. I also don't want to try evolving my 'mons to see if that works, since I still want them to stay as they are for the moment. Also, would I be able to be reimbursed the ~15k or so I lost trying to make this work?

Hello Tylerchu,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences caused.

This is a bug that happen sometimes when you want to teach a move to your Pokemon(LevelUp, TM, Tutor or Move Relearner)

In order to fix this problem could you please follow the next procedure:

1. Delete all the PRO files that you have (.zip and remaining files too).
  2. Restart your computer/device.
  3. Download the game from here.

After you've done all the steps the bug should be fixed letting you now teach your Pokemon a move.

Unfortunately we are not able to refund you any amount of money you could have lost due to this error as it would be unfair for those who accepted their loss by bugs if we restore your money and not the their money or progress. And our tools do not let us track how the money of an user get spent so we can't verify and refund at all.

I'm sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear, and hope you understand.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if your issue has been solved.

Have a good day.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and yes, the Move Relearner seems to work now, as intended. That's a pretty unfortunate bug to have, to require a complete reinstall, so I can't say I'm too happy with not being refunded, but it's not too detrimental in the end, so I'll end it here. Just updating you to let you know it worked.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and yes, the Move Relearner seems to work now, as intended. That's a pretty unfortunate bug to have, to require a complete reinstall, so I can't say I'm too happy with not being refunded, but it's not too detrimental in the end, so I'll end it here. Just updating you to let you know it worked.

Hello Tylerchu,

I'm happy to know that reinstalling could solve your issue, and I'm again sorry for any inconvenience caused by the bug.

As the issue has been solved I'll proceed to close this thread.

Have a good day :).