Needs to be more MMO-like

Wimbledofy

Lot of the denied/non-negotiable suggestions seem to give the reason "because this is an mmo," but this game doesn't feel any less single player than normal pokemon games. The only thing this game has is the trading economy it seems. Entire game up to the point I'm at has been all single player. All legendary pokemon are gated behind long single-player quests and ingame time. Catching pokemon is done completely solo. The pvp system isn't any different from normal pokemon games except for the switching mechanic, yet certain legendaries will never be allowed for some reasons. By the time you could get halfway to getting a legendary most people would probably have already quit. Some form of team battles should be added for legendary pokemon, or some other group oriented system to really make this game more mmo-like.

Breeding not being in this game is fine, but it's not because the game is an "mmo", it's because it changes the game from a catching game to a breeding game. But even then breeding could be implemented as a once a day or once a week thing. Same goes with the exp share, there isn't any reason tied to being an mmo that this can't be in the game, and it wouldn't make the game easier just less grindy. If y'all want the game to be grindier, then say that, don't say it's because "this is an mmo and we want it to be more challenging."

• Like 1

yet certain legendaries will never be allowed for some reasons.

Perfectly valid reasons, as the legendaries that are unable to be used are in uber tier of smogon.

By the time you could get halfway to getting a legendary most people would probably have already quit.

Legendaries aren't supposed to be easy to catch. Mew has only 150 hours requirement, which isn't much at all. In the meantime you can do story, bosses, quests, start in pvp, etc. This sounds more like a "why can't a get my legendary while doing story" rant.

Some form of team battles should be added for legendary pokemon, or some other group oriented system to really make this game more mmo-like.

NOT to catch legendary mons, but I agree having team oriented quests would be cool. Hopefully they will come with the battle ui rework.

Breeding not being in this game is fine, but it's not because the game is an "mmo", it's because it changes the game from a catching game to a breeding game.

Breeding is not in the game because it would destroy economy. Price of everything would change, and this would affect the price of many things, including capsule coins.

I think you don't have enough time in game to have experienced every aspect of it. Start off completing the four regions, and even after that, there are lots of things to do. Legendaries are a prize for effort and time.

In the cooperative aspect, I agree. However, right now cooperative aspect were limited to things like "massive hunting events" or simply helping each other with pokémon/items during story due to game limitations. Hopefully when the battle U.I. rework is finished, this will change, and more coop will be seen.

Life isn't meant to be easy. MMOs aren't meant to be fun.

Errrrr MMO's are supposed to be fun? i mean i personally have been playing Runescape for 15 years and World of Warcraft for 12 and to this day i still have fun so what are you on about?

• Like 1