A new and enhanced hidden ability medallion suggestion (please read)

Tempo420

Myself and many other players all agree; black medallion isn't cutting it. Agreeably, 25% with a bm is much better than nothing but it feels like a waste of cash when it fails so often. We have come up with a solution to this; the Platinum medallion. Adds 28-30% extra chance of encountering hidden ability Pokemon and naturally costs more in the in game shop. I hope many other trainers support this post and post their own opinion on the topic.

Thanks for reading

Tempo420

• Like 4

Myself and many other players all agree; black medallion isn't cutting it. Agreeably, 25% with a bm is much better than nothing but it feels like a waste of cash when it fails so often. We have come up with a solution to this; the Platinum medallion. Adds 28-30% extra chance of encountering hidden ability Pokemon and naturally costs more in the in game shop. I hope many other trainers support this post and post their own opinion on the topic.

Thanks for reading

Tempo420

I want it to be a toggle, to where if you're not online it doesn't go thorough the duration

• Like 3

Header.jpg.3668ef0d62cb2ddc0fba234345e736bf.jpg

Strongly agree with this as 20% currently makes the chances obviously higher than the standard 5% but it mostly fails anyway even if u have it for 3 days it usually just goes to waste as it is too random 1/4 chance doesnt cut it for the cost

• Like 1
YQYGLBX.png

I agree, the 20% isn't cutting it. i can understand its still for an Hidden ability which are meant to be harder to get. but with still around 1/4-1/5 chance of encountering.. especially with Tier 7-9 pokes its Unreliable and just a waste imo.. increased cost with higher posibility makes it more rewarding.

• Like 1

The Black Medalion doesn't fail. You have to understand that it takes effect even on the Pokemons you mechanically skip because you're not interested in them. Having 10 Snivy and only 1 Hidden Ability doesn't mean the BMS is broken. Let's take an example :

1.000 Pokemons Encountered

BMS 25% h.a. which means that you've encountered 250 hidden ability Pokemons

And in those 250 they were 100 Rattata, 90 Raticate, 30 Chansey, 19 Jynx and 1 Snivy.

You just encountered the 9 other Snivy among the 750 others non h.a. Pokemons.

Conclusion ? The Black Medalion is working, no doubt about it. The Hidden Ability hunt should remain a bit hard, and farming it at a rate of 25% is way enough for me.

Hope you understood my opinion :)

• Like 4
180911034347828598.jpg

The Black Medalion doesn't fail. You have to understand that it takes effect even on the Pokemons you mechanically skip because you're not interested in them. Having 10 Snivy and only 1 Hidden Ability doesn't mean the BMS is broken. Let's take an example :

And in those 250 they were 100 Rattata, 90 Raticate, 30 Chansey, 19 Jynx and 1 Snivy.

Conclusion ? The Black Medalion is working, no doubt about it. The Hidden Ability hunt should remain a bit hard, and farming it at a rate of 25% is way enough for me.

Very valid points you have made Lawyers and I agree the bm does what it says on the tin, 25% h.a is a godsend compared to nothing. But in regular games there are much more effective ways of obtaining a hidden ability thanks to mechanics like chaining and breeding; mechanics that will most likely never be added to PRO. When hunting tier 8 and 9 pokes for weeks on end like I have, it's frustrating when everything else is perfect but the bm failed. I also respect that hidden ability should be rare, but not as rare as it is at the moment when compared to the amount of time and money it would take in a real pokemon game to achieve

25% is not rare at all imo. This game is claimed to be a MMORPG where you have to grind. If you really want the h.a. pokemon, whether you buy it or you lower your standards if you have the OT Pride fiber. I hunted for 3 weeks Gardevoir and not even with h.a. All my hidden ability hunts on tier 8 took me less than this time. It's all due to luck and that's what I don't want to change. Oh and people will ONLY buy this kind of BMS so it wont be an add-on but a replacement

180911034347828598.jpg

The way you say this makes it sound like the chances of you getting a h.a. Snivy is based on how many h.a. Rattata/Raticate/Chansey/Jynx. It rolls it everytime you encounter. So from a large sample size, you should see a higher number of h.a. Snivy. I was personally able to accrue 62 Snivys with only 5 of them having h.a..

I do understand what you're saying because statistically speaking, it should average out how many pokemon have h.a. without a care in the world about what the other pokemon have as their ability. It just doesn't make sense that there are a lot of people that have multiple snivys and very few (i'm talking 1/10 odds) h.a. Snivys.

My thoughts:

I feel like the way that the Black Medallion is coded is just wrong. I feel as though they phrased it as 20% increase on chances to get h.a. on your pokemon. Logically speaking, you would think 20% more chance would be additive and therefore would yield a 25% chance at getting h.a.. There are so many ways that they could accidentally mess up with this.

For example:

If the devs use RNG to choose the ability where:

The RNG can choose a # between 1 and 200

1-95 = abi 1

96 - 190 = abi 2

191 - 200 = h.a.

This could be easily messed up (and I really don't blame the devs if they did) to where they change the top bracket to 240 or something like that. That's my take on how the Black Medallion works as of right now. So instead of adding a Platinum Medallion, make the Black one work as intended.

Disclaimer: my sample size was of 62 Snivy where I got 5 h.a., this could just be bad luck! We would need more data to have definitive proof of the Black Medallion working.

Reason why i also specifically only talked about tier 7-9 Pokemons.. bms on its own is a great item if you wanna farm tier 6 or lower, since they will appear more frequent.. but for tier 7-9 its Near a waste with the amount of times it fails. So if there were 2 variants. the bms = 25% percentage for 40cc, and for example a different version for 30-35% for about 100-120cc.. theres differene in cost and reward